(12) Unknown consequences (12)

Ever since the day the general showed affection to Riza, I've felt myself slowly loose to the battle against a disease.

Unfortunately for me I always knew I was never the generals favourite, but I never expected to loose to such a woman. Flower petals have often been something i've been used to falling to the ground, but now it hurt more then ever.

I thought I had a chance- i really did but alas I failed. He simply thought of me as a co worker, a pest. I had been moved to Eastern command, just like him, but I guess he just started to ignore me when the fuhrer passed through the law that allowed subordinates and their superiors to get together.

I was nothing to him now

I thought I had at least get his approval of my choice to move with him, but rather he thought of how I was going to get in the way.

Well, soon I either need to learn to cope with the thought of dieing to petals spreading into my body and consuming me, or take the surgery and get it removed, and never feel love towards him again.

I was never one to give in, so stupidly I held off this long and now I can feel the petals before they come out. I often bashed myself for thinking that the general might of been gay, but at least then I had hope.

Now, I sit here coughing out blood and flowers as a feeling of numbness overcomes by body until it's finished shedding. However, I simply did not have the strength to clean up after my own mess this time. Al always knew about my disease, and begged me to get rid of it, but now he just accepted that I didn't want to.

However, this time it wasn't Al who came to clean it up. I heard a gasp from the room I stumbled away from to get away from my own mess, and an angry curse. Al had brought him over, hasn't He?

It became clear very soon that now my secret was known by the one who i tried to keep it from.

They came in, and my eyes met with the black haired general. I didn't expect the look in his expression. He looked worried. Scared. In horror. I felt myself frown as he started to speak "why didn't you tell me, Full metal?" He asked softly, as if I would break by his normal voice. I sighed and al answered for me

"He was worried. You are all over Riza, sir. You ignore him, which made him hide away." He said "that, and he thought you would avoid him more if you found out he was gay for you"

I winced, but it was true. Maybe if I had told him this sooner then it would of been a different outcome. Only if I would of talked to him..

I saw a frown form on the generals face and a sigh, with a shake of his head "you're a bit idiot, Elric" he said gently "you of all people should know I would never ignore you. That, and I don't give a damn about sexuality or genders"

He sighed "but unfortunately, it is true I have fallen for Riza, and I can't go back on buying this ring. I'm sorry Edward, but keep your eyes open. There is plenty of people like me out there- and I'm sure if you look you'll find the one"

After that event I was weak and frail, and nothing really seemed to matter besides the times mustang came to see me- every time I was worse and worse

And the last time he came to see me he was dressed in black clothes. It was the first time I saw so many people surrounding me.

And that day was the day I finally saw Roy mustang crying..