(6) Star gazing (6)

One night King Bradley and I decided to stay up late. Well, more like him. I'm currently recovering from a chipped philosophers stone. Damn fullmetal kid managed to surprise me.

But, since I was recovering Bradley had to wake me up constantly. He had his own ways, aswell, pinching me, punching me in the stomach, maybe even shooting my foot. He was harsh- but I didn't mind.

I valued our friendship, even if I knew it would never go further. It was something I looked forward to. Actually, it made me feel like I had something, like I didn't need anything anymore as long as he was around. It was my own little secret.

Just like my giant crush on him. It developed since he was a baby, watching him grow up into the man he is now. As you could imagine- it hit me hard when he married someone else.

Since then, I've watched his wife's every move- i wanted to know just what I was envious of. Every bar she went to when bradley went to work, every guy she got with, every time she was disloyal to her husband.

That, that is what made me furious with her. I didn't get how someone with everything, love, family, acceptance, friends. Someone with everything, could still want more- could still seek the thrill, the risk of destroying everything.

That disloyalty was what set us apart, and made me realize there was nothing to be envious of.

That in the end, however, was what tipped me over. that wasn't my focus now, though. We were going to go star gazing- for the first time, aswell. Bradley had decided to lie to his wife to come here- which made me full of triumph over the lowsy human -and take me out at night to watch the stars.

I had never done it before. Well, I've seen the stars and stuff, but I've never been outside only for that. But, with the way i kept trying to fall asleep accidentally, i think Bradley's patients was wearing thin. I got up "I'll come back. ill take a shower, that should wake me up" I said before going to the shower located in change rooms further away- but still close enough I could run back.

I never took showers. I've never needed to, just like most basic needs. Lately, thanks to my stone being chipped, ive had to eat and drink. A lot of energy drinks was a big part of my diet.

I finished my shower really quickly- as soon as the water hit me at that. I don't like the water alot, if I can avoid it. I ran back to the place we were laying and sat down.

Bradley smiled softly "some kind of shower you took, Envy" he said, sitting up and feeling my not even damp touched hair I sighed "I know. It was cold though,"

We talked for a few more hours- until it was midnight.

"Okay, Envy. Lay back, and look up."

I did as Bradley told me to and looked around. At first I didn't knowing what to excpet- but now.. now I knew I came here for a good reason. It was beautiful.

I felt myself smile, and I couldn't stop it. The twinkle of the stars, the shining full moon. It was all so nice..

It made me realize, that maybe this world isn't that bad..