→ WASTELANDS PREQUEL: Wicked Game → Prequel to Wastelands

What was Adeline's past like prior to the events of Wastelands?

S Y N O P S I S:

Wicked Game Prequel to Wastelands

People can only take so much until they rebel back.

Humanity was on the brink of extinction.

First came the solar flares. Then, the fires. The fear. The famine. What came after, was almost unimaginable. A virus. A virus that attacked the brain. The Flare, they called it. And then, came WCKD. Their goal was simple; find a cure to the virus that was sweeping its way over the world, driving many to insanity.  Their method to finding it, though, was different; take hundreds of immunes and those not, then throw them into harsh environments.

Wipe their memories, throw them into a Maze and study their brain patterns.

Thomas, Teresa and Adeline are on the other side of the observation screens. On the other side of the experiment. They weren't allowed to talk to the subjects. Weren't allowed to form any friendships with them. That was a strict rule. But, defying WICKED's rules, Adeline suddenly becomes incredibly close to one boy, who has taken an interest in her. And this closeness, blooms into feelings between them. But, WCKD had already taken so much from them, it's no surprise they would take this away from her, too.

A series of ten short stories, ranging over the six years before Wastelands began. Before the events of the Maze Runner film trilogy.