elevator - steve harrington x fem!reader

[SEASON THREE SPOILERS] requested by dylanob24_ 'reader has a panic attack about all that's going on in the elevator or the mall and steve's able to calm her down' thank you for the request! i love writing steve, so i hope you enjoy this. i came up with a plot idea with robin and steve where steve is trying to tell robin he likes the reader but doesn't think he has a chance and robin explains that the reader would always stare at steve and she got jealous because she liked the reader?? let me know if any of you would read that and i'll write it. enjoy!

the elevator finally came to a stop and your knuckles and fingers were white from holding onto the wall so tightly. steve started yelling about a box that had fallen ontop of him, screaming for dustin to get it off. you remained at the wall, not moving in fear that the box would start moving again. you couldn't even begin to process everything that had happened.

dustin henderson had come barging into scoops ahoy claiming that he found a secret russian recording. you had overheard his conversation with steve, and so you and your coworker (and friend) robin startd to help. she cracked the code to basically be different shops in the mall, and steve suggestsed that he recording was taken in hawkins. you found a secret room and bribed a ten year old named erica sinclair to climb through the pipe system and down into the room so you could get in. steve found some weird green vials inside, and before you could leave, the room was moving.

nothing this insane had ever happened to you in hawkins, indiana, and so you were having a bit of a panic attack. a secret russian base could be just a few meters infront of you, but then again you wouldn't know if you were locked in an elevator and you wouldn't know until you were dragged into said secret russian base and tortured beyond belief and then killed.

it wasn't as if your friends (and new.. young aquaintances) were helping your mental state at all. steve was screaming at erica, and dustin had been pacing back and forth with his walkman, unable to contact any of his friends or anyone who would be able to get them out. steve had tried prying at the doors, but they wouldn't budge. you and robin had begun to think of ideas together, though your mind was spinning, making it hard to think of anything. everything you could think of didn't seem possible. too far down to climb up, the buttons weren't working at all so you couldn't just go up normally, and the doors not opening were the problem in the first place.

checking your watch, you could tell that night was coming soon, and the entire mall was already closed. perhaps in the morning dustin would be able to get signal or contact someone in the store. erica was first to find a box to lean on, closing her eyes and falling asleep almost immediately. robin sat down next to you, looking over at you with a small smile.

robin was soon asleep, and you were sitting staring at the wall. your breathing was getting a bit quick and you could feel yourself getting slightly claustrophobic. you also started remembering you were trapped in a russian elevator. the room was spinning for you, and your eyes were scanning everywhere. steve finally caught your attention, and you noticed he was patting the ground next to him. you furrowed a brow and walked over, sitting next to him. "hey, you okay?" he asked, trying to make eye contact with you.

"yeah. yeah yeah yeah i'm fine why wouldn't i be fine? hahahaha." you rambled, trying to keep your tears from falling out. you were just so scared.

steve, obviously not convinced by your words, moved around so he was sitting infront of you. his big hands reached out for yours, seeming miniscule next to his. he held your hands softly in his own, looking up at you with gentle and understanding eyes. "i know that this is all a lot to take in. believe me, two years ago, i was in the exact same shoes as you." steve assured you.

"you were trapped inside a secret russian elevator two years ago? or are my hand-me-down converse NOT from the thrift store?" you joked, trying to use humor to make yourself feel better.

the boy infront of you chuckled before continuing. "neither. there was this monster thing and i had a baseball bat with nails? it was awesome, by the way. and nancy wheeler and johnathan byers were there. and i basically was hitting this monster in the chest with this bat over and over but i was so confused about where the hell this thing had come from and why it was in the byers' house and why i was even fighting it and i didn't even know what it was?" steve stopped himself and breathed. "sorry, now i'm the one rambling. you just looked like you were scared. do you want to talk about anything? i mean, if you're scared, i swear i won't let any of those russians hurt you. they want to hurt you, they'll have to kill me first."

"steve, the russians probably have guns, and henderson says you've never won a fight, remember?" steve's face turned a light pink, making you laugh. "yeah, i guess i'm scared. i get panicked in situations, and i don't know what to do because the room starts spinning and i forget where i am." you explain to the best of your ability. "i freeze up." steve nodded in understanding, his thumb rubbing across your knuckles lovingly. "don't get me wrong, i appreciate this, but why are you doing this for me?"

steve looked down at your hands before looking back up to meet your soft gaze. "because i really care about you. i don't know what happened, but just working with you and getting to talk to you made me realize that. you make me laugh and you make me happy." steve runs a hand through his hair, laughing to himself. "i guess what i'm trying to say is that i hope we make it out of this elevator so i can maybe take you on a proper date."

you blushed, leaning in to press a kiss to his cheek. "looks like we'll have to get out of this elevator as soon as possible then."