parents - steve harrington x fem!reader

requested by the amazing @dylanob24_ who gives me excuses to write steve harrington content. love u the most. 'steve and the reader have to watch all of the kids for a day and it's chaotic but also has a lot of humor in it and just kinda sweet because steve and the reader want to be parents one day' thank you for the request! i hope you enjoy this. i'd also be open to a part two upon request, because this is kinda short.

"those literally say 'do not eat' on the fucking packaging!" steve harrington was yelling, grabbing a silica packet out of dustin henderson's hands. the boy was overwhelmed, unable to watch six teenagers at once. joyce byers had called him and said she was going for a night out with her friends, and that she needed someone to watch all of the teens. steve was obviously the first choice, which he took pride in.

steve was obviously an amazing babysitter when they were doing something life threatening, but he didn't know how to calm them down at this point. "that behavior is DISGUSTING" steve groaned, pushing mike wheeler's head away from eleven's. steve, needless to say, needed some backup. there was only one other babysitter in the group, a babysitter who had been there for their whole lives.

obviously steve called your house. when you picked up, he was screaming that he needed you to come to joyce's house immediately. you were confused because you automatically assumed that there was some demon threatening your existence. you were, needless to say, a bit less overwhelmed when you got to the house to see your favorite kids inside. "yeah, i'll help you babysit, steve." you smiled, kissing his cheek before walking inside.

the kids were more rowdy than usual, and you were honestly surprised. lucas and even will were screaming at the top of their lungs. "CHILDREN." you yelled, gaining the full groups attention. "children, please, for the love of god please stop screaming." you had offered to turn on quantum leap, but the group wasn't having it so you just rolled your eyes and sat down on the couch. steve just gave you a 'see? not easy' look before sitting next to you. you couldn't help but roll your eyes before closing your eyes in attempt to block out the chaos. "steve, what drugs did you put them on?" you looked over at your boyfriend accusingly, and he gasped.

"what-"

"will," you pointed out, "is screaming which is not only rare but suspicious." you looked over at steve. "and they are usually a handful but it isn't ever this bad." steve just nodded in agreement, rubbing circles on your thigh with his thumb.

you looked at the boy, and noticed that he was smiling at you. you blushed and he just looked away for a second. "would you ever want to be a mom?" he asked softly, making eye contact with you again. you shrugged, thinking. "because you'd be so good at it. i mean, look at you already. you're always able to make these kids happy and you know everything about them that makes them unique. you'd be such a good mom." you smiled at steve, lacing his fingers with your own before helping him stand up.

"perhaps, but for now, we need to make sure our practice children don't die." you spoke, pointing at dustin and mike you were threatening to eat bleach. steve nodded with a chuckle, taking your hand and leading you over so you could discipline the teens.