date night - steve harrington x henderson!reader

steve harrington was definitely not the best when it came to planning dates. actually, the boy was awful at planning anything. when it came to dates bewteen the two of you, you would usually schedule the time and place for everything. steve appreciated it, but also felt that you might think he didn't care as much. occassionally, steve would pick the place and say he would pick you up at seven. usually these dates ended up being your favorites, because steve would be looking at you the whole time to make sure that you were having fun, and that he had done a good job planning the date. steve was really just the sweetest boyfriend, and was always trying to make you happy with any little thing he could do.

you were currently getting ready for a date steve had planned. he seemed very excited when he told you he'd be picking you up at eight, and so you were more excited than usual. it was too cold outside for you to wear one of your dresses, so you went with jeans and a sweater, knowing that steve wouldn't care what you wore. you did put on some mascara and light makeup, curling your hair. you were tying your converse when you heard the doorbell ring, and you began hopping on one foot while still tying your shoes. you were determined to beat dustin to the door, knowing that your brother would only make things awkward.

dustin beat you, much to your dismay, and opened the door slowly. steve's posture straightened for a minute, only for him to sigh and slouch at the sight of your brother. "where's y/n?" steve asked hesitantly, looking around for you. when he moved, you caught a glance of something red in his hands, but brushed it off.

"you better have her home by ten o'clock, just as you promised, harrington." dustin responded, leaning on the door frame. "and if you don't, i'll come after you and beat you to death with your own nail bat and then proceed to feed you your own organs." your eyes widened and you quickly made it to the doorway, pushing dustin out of the way.

"i am so sorry about him." you said to steve, glaring at your brother. dustin was simply staring at steve, and you rolled your eyes, ruffling his hair to make him smile. as usual, this worked. "you did not get me roses, steve harrington."

you smiled, looking up to meet your boyfriend's cheeky grin. "ah, but i did, y/n henderson." you blushed and toook the flowers from him, walking into the kitchen to find a vase to display them. you came back to the other room, lacing your fingers with steve's. you pressed a light kiss to his cheek, and it turned pink in response.

"i'm serious, steve!" dustin screamed as you and steve walked down the driveway. steve only rolled his eyes, opening his car door for you before saluting to dustin. steve got into the bmw, turning the car on and resting his hand on your knee. you could tell steve was nervous, and you laced your fingers with his again.

"are you okay?" you asked hesitantly, looking up at his face. steve nodded, rubbing his thumb along the back of your hand. you weren't fully convinced, but assumed he was just worried about you liking the date-- which honestly wouldn't be new for him. you brushed it off as that, holding his hand for the rest of the ride.

steve soon pulled into a grassy overlook that gave a perfect view of the rising moon. steve got out of the car to grab a small basket of food, opening your door with a nervous smile. the boy hopped onto the hood of his car, taking your hand to help you up with him. once you were sitting, steve opened the basket, revealing some of your favorite snacks. you hadn't noticed steve's hand holding yours as you leaned into him, resting your head on his shoulder as you breathed in the smell of his hair products. "do you like it?" steve asked you, looking down at you sweetly. you nodded, smiling at him.

"i love it, steve." you stopped for a minute before placing a hand on his chest. "stop worrying so mcuh about me liking the dates. i love all of them. and i love hanging out with you, steve, no matter where we are or what we're doing. they're perfect to me." steve shook his head, the small curl on his forehead bobbing.

"that's not what it is." steve sighed, and you leaned closer into him, looking at him with worried eyes. "i'm nervous, y/n, not because of the date. but because i've been trying to tell you for about a month now how much i love you, but i just can't seem to form it into words, and i don't even know if you feel the same."

you can't help the smile that plays at your lips when steve realizes what he's said. "steve." you whisper seriously, getting his attention. "i love you, too." you reach up to grab his neck, pulling his head down to yours. your lips attatch, and you run your hands through his hair.

"that's a relief." steve sighs, and you gigge before going in to kiss him again.