mom - harrington!reader x mike wheeler

requested by @florescnce

mike and y/n had been dating for around a year now, ever since they went to the snowball together. steve had been very under the radar about it, and honesty knew very little about their relationship. this, of course, bothered the teen, but he didn't want to invade his sister's privacy in fear that she'd hate him. so, instead, steve shielded himself away from their relationship and did his best to not get involved. that was, however, until today.

steve hadn't been trying to stop anything going on between his sister and mike, after all, they'd only ever cuddled and whatever, right? so when steve was going into y/n's room to tell her that he was headed to work (the family video store needed him to do an extra shift), he was completely shocked at what he saw.

first of all, the door was closed, a serious violation of the rules steve had set up to begin with. so the already perplexed steve opened the closed door to see mike wheeler ontop of his sister.

granted, they were still both fully clothed. so what was steve's problem? they were kissing. kissing wasn't even the right word for it, they were making out. mike wheeler was making out with his sister. "what the fuck." steve breathes out, watching as mike immediately flies off of her at the sound of his voice.

y/n groans, already knowing the speech was coming. "steve, it really isn't a big deal, it's not like you and nancy didn't always-"

"nancy and i are a lot older than you, ma'am." steve cuts her off, shaking his head. "you're practically a child!" before y/n can show her annoyance, steve is already continuing. "i cannot believe this. you're going to be grounded for the rest of your life. i'm going to take your magazines away. i don't know if a good threat right now. but you're going to be punished in some way."

y/n rolls her eyes, sitting up on the bed. "you're not my mom, steve. i'm a big girl now, and, believe it or not, i'm going to kiss boys. especially when they're my boyfriend. so please, steve, calm down."

steve sighs, listening to her speak. "fine. but next time? leave the door open."