behind my back - steve harrington x henderson!reader

you had, as usual, taken a summer job to please your mother. claudia henderson was worried about dustin, seeing as this would be his first summer at camp know-where. you had gone there yourself when you were his age, and your mother had advised you work there as a counselor. the camp didn't pay well, if you were being honest, and the kids were all pretty annoying.

however, the job gave you a lot of quality time to spend with your brother, dustin, who had found his first girlfriend while at the camp. the only downside of working at the camp, for the most part, was having to be away from your boyfriend, steve.

steve had pretty big connection issues, as you'd found out, and didn't want you to be away from him for even a moment. you hadn't told steve of your arrival back home, but he'd called your home landline a million times to tell yo about his new job and co-worker that you would be good friends with.

because you hadn't yet told steve that you were home, you'd planned to surprise him. the plan had not been to surprise him while also telling him of russian spies watching your brother, but sometimes life throws fun situations at you.

dustin walked into scoops ahoy ice cream parlor, approaching robin at the counter. "is he here?" dustin asked, looking up at the girl.

"is who here?" robin countered, unamused and uninterested.

almost on cue, steve walked out from the back room, arms outstretched. "HENDERSON!" steve exclaimed, giddy. "he's back, he's back!!" the two did their handshake, a mix of a lightsaber dual and gut spilling, before both laughing their heads off. "is y/n back too?" steve asked once the laughter had died, looking down at his friend.

"are you two talking about me behind my back?" you asked, laughing at steve's shocked expression as you walked into the place. robin had already taken out her you rule/you suck dry erase board, holding her marker over the you suck side. clearly, robin thought, this beautiful girl was too good for steve, and he would, once again, embarass himself.

robin was left with a dropped jaw as steve wrapped his arms around you, making you laugh and give him a soft kiss on the lips.

dustin, disgusted, pried the two of you apart. "hey, hey, hey, no kissing on my watch."