Chapter 10

I walk into the living room and see everyone sitting down playing some card game. I walk back out now being interested in joining in. I go and take another gulp of vodka. I have drunk quite a lot of that today i think i may be slightly tipsy. I put the bottle just in time as Brody walks into the kitchen.

"So I'm guessing you actually own this and didn't just rent it out scenes as your rich" He states

"Could you be any louder do you want everybody to know!?" I ask him.

"You really haven't told anybody not even you friends?"

"No and I would like to keep it a secret so just shut your big mouth" I say to him.

"You know if you want me to keep it a secret you should probably start to be nicer to me" Blackmail again.

"Blackmail again?" I say voicing my thoughts.He nods at me and then walks out of the room. I walk into the living room a few seconds later.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Jase asks "Alone?" He adds. I nod it him and gesture for him to follow me out. Before i leave I see Brody looking at me with a smirk on his face. Oh no what has he done. I walk outside onto the patio. "How come you never told me you were rich? Do you not trust me? I thought we were best friends? i thought we told each other everything?" i gasp and feel tears start to run down my cheeks at the fierceness of his tone.

"Brody told you? Did he tell the others?" i ask.

"That's all you can think about right now if anyone else knows? Yes Brody told me and no he didn't tell anyone else. I hope it was worth it" He says walking back inside. Hope it was worth what?

"No Jase wait" i cry out in a desperate plea" Understanding what he meant. He meant our friendship "Please we can work this out" I say.

"Maybe but right now i cant even stand to look at you knowing that you lied to me for so long. I'll stay here and we might be able to work it out within these two weeks but right now I don't want to talk to you about it" I stand there for a few seconds trying to process what he said. I really hope i don't lose his friendship over this. This was the reaction that i worried about, this is why i didn't want to tell him. This is all Brod's fault! I rush inside and into the living room going straight up to Brody

"How could you do this? I trusted you!" i say i then Punch him in the face. maybe a bit extreme but i have alcohol in my system and i'm angry. Not a good combination trust me. Scarlett and Hannah jump up and pull me away from Brody and up into our room.

"why did you do that? what did he do?" Scarlett demands. I pull myself out of their grasp and go downstairs into the kitchen grabbing the vodka and gulping it down. "Olivia stop it!" Scarlett yells at me. I don't listen to her and just keep drinking the vodka. By the time she pulls in out of my grasp its empty. She stares at me. "You said you were fine!" She says. i cant deal with this right now. 

"Just leave me alone" I say tears streaming down my face. I run outside and down to the beach jumping into the water i swim as far away from the shore as i can. I go behind a cliff so the wont see me if the come out looking for me. Sure enough after a few seconds I see them coming out with torches. They look for me for a few minutes but give up when they don't find me. I strain to hear what they are saying.

"We cant help her right now, she doesn't want to be helped" Scarlett says.

"We have to try don't we? She's our friend" Hannah says.

"Right now we have to go inside where the guests are and act like everything is fine" Scarlett says to Hannah. Hannah obviously nods or something but doesn't say anything else and follows Scarlett inside. No one else will come look for me so i swim back to the beach sit on the grass that sits where the sand ends. I hug my knees to my chest. Before i know it the world around me goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up with a start and see that its still dark. My head is pounding and I have a sore neck. I stand up and brush my hands over my clothes. Well last night was the greatest start to my holiday. not. I walk inside and go into the kitchen. There are no lights on so everybody has obviously gone to bed. I pull out some aspirin and take them with water. I look at the clock and see that its 4:00 in the morning. I walk into the living room and lay on the couch soon realizing that I'm not going to be able to get back to sleep. I go and sit in front of the window and look out onto the beach and at the stars with my knees against my chest. I sit like that for hours and it starts to get light outside. I hear people starting to come down the stairs. It sounded like everyone was coming downstairs now. They all go to the kitchen probably to decide what they are going to have for breakfast. Hannah walks into the living room and sees me sitting there.

"Scarlett!" she yells out. Scarlett comes running in and knees down beside me.

"Oh please no." she says. She knows what this is its happened before and she knows that this is the same thing as last time just from a different cause. "Not again Olivia, please don't do this?" She pleads. I just sit there string blankly outside. Everyone else is in the living room by this stage.

"What are you talking about? whats going on?" Brody asks. Even Jase didn't see me like this. the only person that really saw me like this was Scarlett. I was staying at her house when it happened. Hannah makes a move to come and touch me

"Stop!" Scarlett pretty much yells at her. "Don't touch her. You guys go to the beach I'll stay here i need to call someone who needs to see her" She says. Everyone listens to her and takes one last look at me before walking away knowing that Scarlett is being very serious right now. She picks up her phone and calls Stephanie. She knows that that is who she needs to call. My mum told her that if anything happens with me to call her. She didn't even tell her to call her just Stephanie shows what a caring parent she is.