Chapter 13

We are all going back home today which is very sad but thankfully the rest of the time we spent at the beach house went uneventfully. No more incidents and Stephanie said i should be fine. I put my things in the boot of my car and chuck Scarlett's in at the same time. Everyone else has already left so it's just me and Scarlett here.

"Scarlett get your butt out here and into the car" I yell into the house through the open door. She emerges a few seconds later. "Get in the car I'm just going to lock up" i say to her.

"Yes Mum" she says sarcastically. I take one last look inside the house and then close the door and lock it. I go into the car and start the long drive back home.

----

I pull into Scarlett's driveway and open the boot of the car. "see ya at school" i say. I don't want to go back to school yet. Why are holidays so short?

"Yeah see you at school. You really need to stay at my house or me stay at yours sometime" I nod at her

"Yeah sometime. Anyway i have to go home now" She closes the car door and collects her belongings from the boot of my car. When she is about to walk inside her house i pull out of her driveway and drive back to my house. I park my car in the driveway of my house beside my mothers car. So shes still here why cant she leave already! I don't want or need her here. I get out of my car and take a deep breath preparing for my mother. I walk inside and try to go straight upstairs without my mother noticing me. Sadly the floor doesn't agree that I should avoid her and creaks loudly.

"Is that you Olivia"

"No Mum its a burglar trying to steal from us"

"Haha very funny" she says coming out from the living room and standing in front of me. "So you went to the beach house? I also hear that it was very eventful" She says raising her eyebrow at me.

"Not that you care" I say rolling my eyes "stop pretending like you want to be a mother and go back to what you do best- work" i walk away but before i do i see the look on her face. I didn't realise saying that would leave such a mark.

I enter my room and see Brody sitting at my computer desk looking through the draws. "What are you doing?" I see him jump a little and then turn toward me with a guilty look on his face.

"Nothing?" he says phrasing it more like a question than an answer. I walk over to my desk and see that he messed up my draws but its not like theres anything in there that would be interesting.

"Why are you in my room?"

"I just cant stay away from you" he says laughing. I giggle a little at him but them remember that he was snooping in my room and stop.

"Why were you snooping?" i ask.

"I was just bored" but as he says it he looks away so it obviously isnt the truth. Why can i not get a straight answer from this boy?

"I know your lying. And unless you want to tell me the truth please get out of my house" he turns to face me looking shocked. I guess he thought i wouldn't kick him out, or maybe he's shocked that i recognised his lie.

Brodys P.O.V
"I know your lying. And unless you want to tell me the truth, please get out of my house" i turn and face her with what im sure is a shocked expression on my face. I didnt think she would go as far as kicking me out of her house. I just got bored while I was waiting for her. Ok thats a bit of a lie i may have been snooping but she doesnt need to know that. Plus i was just looking to see what kind of things she liked and what i could do to make it up to her for telling Jason. And maybe i had my other reasons as well but those are less important. She likes art and from what i can see she is very good at it. I stand from the chair and slowly as if in a trance leave her house passing by her mother on the stairs. She looks at me weirdly so i must have a funny look on my face or something.

When i get home i go up to my room and look out of my window to Olivia's and see that shes closed her window and her curtains. Probably trying to block me out of her room. She wouldn't want me snooping again.

My phone starts to ring and i walk over to my bedside table where its lying face down. I pick it up and look at the caller I.D and see that its my mother. I answer and hold the phone to my ear

"Yes mother?" i ask

"Just ringing to let you know your father and I wont be home for atleast another month. We transferred some money into your bank account. Oh sorry i have to go now" the phone starts beeping against my ear and i realise that shes hung up. Some kind of mother she is.