Chapter 10

Mark's POV

I stared down at Aaron thinking about how much I loved him. His smile and laugh stick with me all day and his frowns and tears strike my heart with unimaginable pain.

"What are you thinking about Mark?" he asked me.

I snapped out of my thoughts and smile. "I was just thinking about how we should celebrate your birthday," I lied smoothly. He looked like he didn't believe me but he just let it drop.

"Well I just want to stay at home today," he said folding his arms stubbornly.

"That's fine. We could just rent a movie order some pizza and make it a boys night in," I smiled my most winning smile at him. He slowly nodded.

"Can we watch Monte Python and the Holy Grail?" he asked. "That's my favorite movie."

"Sure," I said. "Honestly I've never even seen it." Aaron gasped.

"Never?" he asked in disbelief.

"Yeah," I said running my hand through my hair and blushing completely embarrassed.

"Well then it's settled," he said. "Tonight I will introduce you to the timeless humor of Monte Python."

I laughed softly. "Alright."

Aaron's POV

~That night~

I sat on the couch polishing off my third slice of pizza. All day Mark had been by my side making me laugh and forget about Jess nearly completely. I was excited to watch this movie since Jess never had liked it. Now I sit here waiting for Mark to get here with the popcorn.

"Alright," he said coming in with a bowl full of buttery goodness. "Get this started."

I pushed play as Mark came and sat down next to me. From the moment it started Mark was laughing his deep laugh. Instead of watching the movie I more watched Mark react to the show. His face would light up and his eyes would crinkle every time he was about to laugh. Watching him made me feel oddly content. About halfway through I felt myself start to drift off. I looked at Mark's broad shoulder and thought that it would be a nice place to rest. So I leaned over and laid down on marks shoulder. When I did that I felt Mark tense then relax. I thought about moving but my body had other plans. Soon I was almost asleep. I heard Mark say something, but my tired brain couldn't catch a hold of it as I drifted off into the soundest sleep I've had all week.