Hyeongjun | childhood crush pt. 2

Kim Jaehwa's POV

Damn it. I'm with my idiot of a brother for our first assignment. I knew he was gonna make me do it all by myself. My brother is popular. There's no surprise since he has it all. The looks, the talent, the smarts. He was an all rounder. All teachers loved him. 

I was nothing like him.

I was just average. With average looks, close to no talent, and barely average grades. 

For the rest of class I just stared at random places. My eyes stopped at one place.

It was a boy. A boy who was familiar. He had big round eyes, and chubby cheeks you would just want to squish.

I then knew who he was. Hyeongjun. He was my childhood crush. And nothing had changed. He was still handsome. 

We then met eyes. His facial expression turned shocked. He quickly broke the eye contact.

After fifteen more minutes of day dreaming, the bell rang signalling block two.

Third Person POV

Time Skip to lunch break boii~

Jaehwa was sitting with her friends, Wonyoung, Sakura, Somi, and Chaewon. People were gathering at the cafeteria to get their food. The cafeteria was filled with chatter, about the new transfers rumoured to be trainees from Starship.

The chatter went from one hundred to zero. All eyes were on the four people that entered the cafeteria. Whispers surrounded the four. 

"Omo, how are they that handsome?"

"The guy with the curly hair is totally my type!"

"I think I already like one fo them,"

The boys shyly went to the only table that had space, which was where Jaehwa was sitting with her friends. 

Hyeongjun slightly hesitated to sit beside the familiar figure. But in the end, he snapped out of his doubts and sat beside Jaehwa. 

The students just went back to their normal conversations, but some people still were eyeing Jaehwa and Hyeongjun.

Song Hyeongjun's POV

I slowly sat beside Jaehwa. We were to young to date back then. But this time, I have a chance. 

"Hi Hyeongjun, let's be friends again. Do you remember me?" Jaehwa said while a blush slightly crept up her cheeks. 

I could already feel the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Uh-uh, yeah I remember you, you were my crush back then! Haha.." 

Shit. Im so bad with girls.

Her face went pale. 

I need to something. Quick Hyeongjun, think of something romantic!

"That doesn't mean I haven't gotten over you yet," I said trying to be seductive while I winked.

"Uh, sorry, can you excuse me? I need to go to the bathroom.

Great job, Hyeongjun. Now she'll avoid me.

Kim Jaehwa's POV

I sped down the hallways to the bathroom. What the heck Jaehwa? Why did you run off? That was your chance, coward!

I can't believe THE Song Hyeongjun likes me. I just need to woman up and confesss too! I grabbed my pack of sticky notes.

"Come meet me at the end of day. I'll be waiting at the rooftop cutie~"

-Jaehwa

I snuck it inside his locker so no one else would see.

Time Skip to after school because the author is a lazy ass~

Third Person POV:

Jaehwa was walking back and forth nervously.

"What if he doesn't show?"

What if he didn't even see the note?"

"Aish Jaehwa, stop with the what-ifs and just wait normally!"

Oops. She accidentally said that out loud.

And coincidentally, Hyeongjun was standing right beside her.

"Uh, Hi, you told me to meet you up here?" He said in a quiet voice.

Jaehwa whipped her head back to see Hyeongjun staring at the ground, and her cheeks immediately turned beet red.

"Did you hear that? I'm so sorry, I was just really nervous, ha." Jaehwa awkwardly said. 

"It's fine, you're human. But what did you want to say to me?"

There was the question. "Time to confess! You can do it Jaehwa!" Jaehwa thought.

"I've liked you since kindergarten-" She blurted out.

"I know I already said this, but I like you too." Hyeongjun said.

"So, are you free Saturday? If you were, I was just wondering if you could go on a date with me because you know, we like eacthother, but it's okay, we don't have to if you don't want, you know what just forge-" Jaehwa's rambling was stopped by Hyeongjun's short answer.

"Yes, I'd love to baby,"

Word Count: 1452