Stars on the Horizon Part 4

WESTERN RIM- EDENIA

138 ABY

38 ABO

The unthinkable happened when Seth watched the room begin to freeze. Seth's eyes went wide and he continued to stare at Zara, not caring about anything or anyone around him.

The troopers who were shooting moments ago had stopped and their screeching voices began to fill the hallway and doorway. They frantically looked around, except for their limbs, which stayed frozen.

"What the hell?" a trooper shouted, looking down at his legs and grunting to move.Others joined in to his comment and their heads looked around in a panic.

With one knee touching the ground and the other in the air in which he leaned on, Seth cocked his one eyebrow up in confusion. He had no idea of what Zara was doing to the troopers, yet it was comical. Clearly, she was using the Force, but he had never experienced a scene of troopers who were frozen from their feet to neck. However, it was entirely different from the past events in the bridge. Unlike the troopers being immobile and unable to speak back in the bridge, the troopers were still were able to speak now. Seth ignored their loud voices and eyed Zara, wandering her plan of action.

He knew his crew was coming and with their starship, they could reach Himma Base in record time. He huffed and desperately wanted Zara to talk in order to explain everything going on.He had noticed back in the holding cell that Zara acted on impulse and went with her gut. She didn't acknowledge Seth for any assistance or ask him for his opinion on running into the bridge.She was fiercely independent and Seth admired that quality of the mysterious girl.

Zara could feel the Force swarming around her body and mind, allowing her to concentrate on the task rather than the splitting headache. She began to slowly stand out of her crouching position, lifting one knee off the ground. Her hand was spread out at her side and was powering the Force to hold the troopers in their positions. Some where hovering in mid-air from falling after the impact of a blaster bullet and others grunted, trying to move their bodies.

Zara chuckled at their struggles and stood to her full height. She ducked unexpectedly when she noticed a frozen bullet in the air. Her feet led her forward, moving out of the doorway and away from Seth.

Seth watched in horror as Zara stood up, while he was crouching down like a fool. When he was about to stand and follow Zara, he felt a unknown feeling pass through his body, causing goosebumps to crawl up his skin. His arms where still out in front of his body, blaster in hands,but the bullet was frozen. He shivered and grunted, trying to move. His eyes went wide and his breathing hitched, realizing the same effect on the troopers was happening to him.

His whole body numbed, unable to feel his sore muscles or any limbs. Seth had to admit being frozen in the face of the enemy was terrifying. Especially barely knowing Zara, they had only known each other for less than an hour. The feeling of trusting Zara faded away, realizing she could easily leave him in his helpless and immobile state. He was a sitting target, if more troopers ran down the hallway, he could be dead in an instant.

To calm his nerves, the rebel moved his hazel irises's left and right, trying not to panic.Suddenly, he could hear the yelling from behind him, the voices of the distressed officers and remaining troopers in the bridge behind him. The Force seemed to be making its way backwards,targeting the troopers in front of him and then traveling towards the bridge.Seth secretly hoped that being caught in Zara's abilities was an accident and could only remain frozen as Zara strode forward.

Zara's emerald eyes narrowed on the bucketheads who were yelping from the discomfort of the Force . Her iris held a fire to them, getting ready to attack at any moment. She cursed at herself for using the rebel's slang for the stormtroopers, it was silly. Yet, in the moment, Zara was determined to escape, even if it meant using rebel terms.