Stars on the Horizon Part 5

WESTERN RIM- EDENIA

138 ABY

38 ABO

Zara's smile dropped, her lips forming into a scowl, unable to grasp the sight.

Hundreds of stormtroopers ran across the landing pad of the base, shooting at the large freighter starship, their bullets bouncing off the ships metal. The ships ion engine roared with life, it's repulser lifts allowing the ship to hover in the air, a few feet away from the durasteel top.

Due to the stormtroopers it was unable to land, and created a massive amount of wind which flew into the lift, causing Zara's hair to fly in all directions.

The troopers dashed back and forth, yelling at one another as the starship began to fire its cannons, a annoying shrieking sound filling the air. As the red lasers fired onto the landing pad, it created a huge explosion, causing stormtroopers to get hit or jump out of the way frantically.

The starship was a sleek metal, along with emerald tones in different places on the ships durasteel skin. Written on the side of ship held the words Starbird, in a deep green color. Zara noticed its shape seemed narrow in the front but began to grow wide at its side, spreading out like a bird's wings.

Surrounding the background was a clear view of Republic City, multiple buildings and Big Dome could be seen in the distance. The outline of plamin trees could also be seen and ships leaving the surface rose high, its electric blue engine sparking to life. Even at this height, Zara could hear the street sounds, and the bustling travelers and merchants. She almost wished she could go back to this morning when her life was much simpler than this moment.

The late afternoon sun was high in the cloudless sky and the blue began to grow deeper and deeper as the reaches of space became closer.Zara's emerald eyes held a mysterious danger lurking and her iris narrowed on the troopers.There was no way in hell she would let the bucketheads prevent her from leaving Himma Base.She could not fail her father and most importantly, she could not fail on her dream of leaving Edenia.

Not even glancing at Seth, Zara broke out in a run, sprinting away from the lift and away from Seth. She grabbed her blaster from her holster as it bumped up and down from her fast movements. She cried in a voice of anger, and held the blaster in her hand. Her thumb found the trigger and before the troopers could turn around, Zara began to shoot.

Seth stared at the "battlefield" of the base's landing pad, his smirk dropping. While his ass stood on the top, his crew sat on the ship, The Starbird, and it filled him with determination to see them. He reached for his blaster on his hip and felt the comforting cold metal in his palm.

Looking down at Zara he watched her hair move from the wind of the starship and she gazed out of the lift to continue her hard stare.His hair was also being tossed around and he glanced in the direction of his trousers that pulled in the direction of wind. Suddenly, he heard the pounding of the durasteel from underneath his feet which pulled him from his trance. His eyes widened as he realized he couldn't feel any presence from Zara.

Looking to his right, he noticed that Zara was absent. His mind alarmed, his eyes shot up to watch Zara as she sprinted across the landing pad, her legs running faster and faster. Red bullets flew in her direction when the troopers turned their attention away from The Starbird, and towards Zara.

Before realizing his own actions, Seth ran in the direction of Zara, the distance away from the safety of the turbo lift becoming further and further.

"Zara!" Seth yelled, his voice being covered up by the loud sound of the starships engine. His white jacket lifted up slightly from the wind and his quick movements. His hair bounced up and down, the curls jostling on top of his head.