𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩—"𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡!"

———

𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙍𝘼 𝙎𝙏𝙐𝘿𝙄𝙀𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘽𝙍𝙊𝙒𝙉-𝙀𝙔𝙀𝘿 boy carefully as his demeanor changed from a playful attitude to a more serious tone. Their faces were only a few inches apart, him staring down at her blue eyes since she's much shorter than the 6'1 boy. Kol could hear her heart beat racing, and he loved the effect he had on the girl, but yet she seemed completely immune to his charms. They hadn't yet slept together, or he hadn't feed on her, which is much different than his usual encounters with women.

"I...I didn't know," Clara speaks up, swallowing a bit hard as she tries to control her racing breathing. "Damon didn't tell me on purpose, because he knew I wouldn't approve of it."

Kol searches the girls eyes, seeing if she was in fact lying, but she seemed to prove that she was all but honest. He racks the blondes body, one, because he's absolutely drawn to the beauty of the girl and two, because if she was lying her body would give her away. Either a twitch in the finger or her heart skipping another beat, but Kol didn't sense any of it.

"You're being honest," Kol states, eyeing the girl one last time before spinning around. Clara was a bit disappointed that the space disappeared between the two of them, but nonetheless she followed him as he walked away.

He sat back down on her bed, stretching out his legs by crossing them over each other. Then goes back to having his hands behind his neck.

"Is that all you need?" Clara asks, folding her arms with she eyes the boy up and down.

"Oh c'mon Lara, can't I just want your company?"

Kols signature smirk returns to his face, and Clara just wanted to roll her eyes at the boy. She was happy though, that Kol didn't blame her for her friends misdoings.

"Like I said you don't get to call me—"

"—I'll call you whatever I please, Lara," Kol raises his index finger waving it back and forth as he made a 'tsk tsk tsk' noise.

Clara was a bit shocked by his sudden bold statement, and chuckled a bit under her breath. Kol tilted his head at the girl laughing to herself, raised one eyebrow at her as if he was asking what she was laughing about.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing," Clara says, raising her arms in defense, but her smirk didn't quite fade. "I'm just wondering where this...strong suit came from."

"Oh, love, you should see how my strong suit in bed," Kol wiggles his eyebrows, and Clara fake gags at the ridiculous boy. She then noticed something a bit off, and she purses her lips as she tries to figure it out. "What are you thinking about?"

"There's something off about you," Clara points out, and then she scoffs slightly as she takes a second to study Kol, now she could almost smell it on him. "You're drunk?"

"Well, it looks as if you're Sherlock Holmes!" Kol exaggerates, raising his arms up, and Clara chuckled to herself.

"You know drinking doesn't solve your problems."

Clara smiled softly, taking a seat on her bed while criss-crossing her legs underneath each other. Kol stayed in his current position, stretched out. She wondered why the boy was still here, because surely he came only for the fact to see if she knew about the plan of daggering him.

"Ah, but it sort of does," Kol corrects, his brown eyes sparking a bit. "Say, do you have any?"

Clara fake gasped, clasping onto her heart as the boy questioned, and then she started laughing softly. She tilted her head towards the door, signaling to go into the hallway and follow her. She jumped up from her spot on the bed, and shortly she heard Kols heavy footsteps following closely behind her.

So, they made their way into her fathers old office, Clara bent down on her knees while she opened a top drawer of his brown desk. She figured out this little spot about three or four years ago. Clara was never one to snoop, but when she came across this secret area thanks to Tyler, she couldn't help but occasionally sneak a drink or two every so often.

"How beautiful!" Kol exclaims, quickly clasping onto the bourbon bottle while snatching it from Clara's grip.

"How much have you already had to drink?" Clara giggled softly, and then her face straightened out as she realized she just giggled. Clara either chuckled or laugh deeply from her throat, but hardly a giggle.

"I lost track," Kol states, shrugging his large shoulders. He raises from bending down, and straightens out his back, while unscrewing the cap to the bottle. It was about seventy-five percent still full, and since her father wasn't coming home anytime soon, she figured he wouldn't miss it.

Clara rose just the same as Kol, and then takes the bourbon straight out of Kols hard, and started downing a quick gulp. Once done with the shot, she gives the bourbon back to Kol.

"I am sorry."

Kol picks up the bottle, and swallows it by turning his chin up and downing it easily. Clara follows his same action, drinking the bourbon fairly easily but it still did stain her mouth.

"What for, love?"

"I didn't know what they were planning, but I listened to them, to my friends, anyways. So I'm sorry for that," Clara smiles softly towards the boy, and then his eyes traced down to the necklace the girl was wearing. It was quite beautiful, it had a small green jewel with a silver lace. Damon had given it to her awhile ago, ever since she found out about vampires to be exact.

"That necklace is quite beautiful," Kol states, and the girl follows his eyes back down to her very own necklace, and when she looked up; the boy was gone and her necklace was on the desk

She felt utterly confused, and her hands trailed back up to where her necklace usually is but found the empty spot. She didn't remember taking it off, and all she remembered was Kol saying goodbye just a moment ago. She blinked a few times to herself as she thought, but shook off her weirdness as she placed the bottle back in the secret spot in the drawer. Clara grabbed her green necklace off from the desk, and clasped it back around her neck.

But she couldn't just shake the feeling he gave her.

a/n: hey guys !! quick lil update :-) i'm trying to update as much as i can before school starts back up , so let's hope i can finish the book before the end of summer woop! love y'all <3