𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭—"𝙄-𝙄'𝙢 𝙖 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧"

———-

"𝙄'𝘿 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙆 𝙔𝙊𝙐'𝘿 𝘽𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙀 concerned about Silas getting loose."

Clara heavily gazed up from the bench she laying on her side on to Kol, who standing in between the cell bars with part of his face covered. The girls breathing had only slowed, especially since Kol only gave her a small dose of blood which she swallowed instantly. Her grey complexion had worsened, and she was inching closer to being desiccated.

"Although I'd rather be dealing with your friends, it's too late now," Kol responded, letting a rather large intake of breath out as she studied the girl carefully. "The Gilbert boy killed all of those new vamps at the bar, his mark completed. They're probably on their way to get the cure as we speak."

Clara raised her hand a bit to place her hands under it, titling her head as she stared at the boy. "You really are gonna let them release Silas in order for you to get me to switch my emotions back on?"

"I'd do it in a instant," Kol answered, blinking softly as he switched from the blonde to the ground in front of him, kicking it slightly. "Anything that comes afterwards, we'll deal with together."

Clara scoffed loudly, and Kol turned his attention back to the girl with knitted eyebrows. "What?"

"You're so certain Clara will forgive you," she smiled gently, mostly because it was taking a great deal of energy. "I mean, if she flips her switch back, she'll be utterly heartbroken. Her mother died at the hands of her boyfriends brother, because her own dumb brother decided to start a war."

"And I'll be there for her, to get through it," Kol answered, his eyes moving a bit.

"And who says she'll want you to be the one to get her through it?"

Kol shifts uncomfortably as the thought entered his brain, but he pushed it away as he figured the girl was just trying to mess with his mind.

"You speak as if you aren't the same person."

Clara chuckles to herself as her chest heaves up and down, and she glances from the ground to Kol. "Because we aren't. The old Clara Lockwood was a pathetic, weak, sorry excuse of a vampire. Me, on the other hand, well, I'm pretty awesome."

"Yeah, I bet that desiccation will be pretty awesome," Kol retorts, only making the girl continue laughing. "Clara isn't weak, she is the most kind, beautiful, and strong girl I know. Don't you forget that."

"Too bad I don't care," Clara spoke slowly, her eyes fluttering as she struggled to keep them open.

"Clara?" Kol asked as he saw the girls eyes closed, and when she didn't respond, his own heart started racing. "Clara?"

The girl didn't respond, and Kol heard her heart beat slow even more. He unlocked the cell door, rushing himself in as he wrapped his fingers around the blondes shoulders, shaking them slightly.

"Dumbass," was all the boy heard before Clara placed her hands on the boys neck and snapped it to the left.

Kol's lifeless body fell to the ground as the girl rose up from the bench gently, her legs shaking as she did so because of her weak body. She needed blood in her now, and she wasn't going to hesitate to get it. She stepped over Kol's dead body with a smile on her face, and she reminded herself she'd need the white oak stake or else the boy would never leave her alone.