𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣—"𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤𝙤, 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨"

———

𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙁𝘼𝙉 𝙂𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇 𝘼 𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙉 glance, needing he most likely would need her help, once again. She had a short intake of breath, and gave the blonde haired boy a reassuring nod. "Get ready."

Clara followed Stefan's stare towards the duo still across the room, and saw them cheer their shots together. They seemed happy, and even though they could've done some terrible things, they don't deserve death. It only made Clara feel even worse about what had to be done.

Within a second, Clara heard the sounds of fits of coughing behind her. When she spun around, she saw the duo choking together as they spit out their drinks and their their glasses back on the table. Stefan stood up in front of her, and Clara was only a second behind him, figuring this was when they were supposed to make their entrance out the back door.

The two across the room made eye contact with the blonde vampire and the blonde human, they knew that they were the ones responsible for poisoning their drinks. Quickly and swiftly, Clara follows Stefan as they both make their way to the back exit. Although she doesn't have super vampire hearing, she could hear the padder of two sets of feet behind them. Once outside, Stefan directed her to wait by the side while he had the white oak dagger steadily in his hands.

She heard the doors swing open, and as Stefan zoomed forward with the dagger raised high but he was thrown instantly on the ground by the red-head. Of course, going against two extremely ancient vampires was not the smartest move Stefan's, or Clara's, made.

She lurched forward, grabbing the red-head by her shoulders, shoving her as hard as possible. However, that wasn't even anywhere near painful for her, so she clasps onto Clara's arm and throws her down the hard stairs into the alleyway. Every bone and muscle in Clara's body felt the sting of the hit as she let out a strong ripple of groans, completely out of breath.

"Finn, the stake!"

Clara opens her eyes just in time to see Finn racing down the steps to grab hold of the white oak stake that Stefan must've dropped when the red-head tackled him to the ground. Clara reached for it, raising one hand to reach out while she was still planted on her stomach, aching in pain.

She was just a hair too short though, because Finn kicked her hand to move it out of the way. Again, Clara let's out a series of moans as she retreats her hand closely into her chest, whimpering softly.

As soon as Clara thought it was over and Finn had the stake, he somehow received a different stake into his stomach. Her eyes switch from the Mikaelson to whoever shot the stake, and she was slightly relieved to see Matt and Elena. He groans out, immediately tearing the wooden stake right back out, narrowing his dark eyes at the fighting duo.

Within a second, Matt reaches forward while Finn was struggling on his feet backwards, and shoves the white oak stake deeply into Finns heart.

"No!"

The red-head releases her grip on Stefan, and leaps forward towards the dying vampire. Elena and Matt shut the back entrance door they were using for their surprise attack, leaving Stefan and Clara. The two make eye contact, and he almost seems to ask if she was alright, and she nods slowly.

Soon, Finns grey, lifeless body started a fire of its own, and the red-head backed away with endless tears slipping down her pink cheeks. She was heartbroken, and Clara just helped killed the love of her life. The red-head studies Clara, and then flickers to Stefan still above her on the stairs. And then she zips off within a second, using her vampire speed.

Stefan suddenly rises up, running down the stairs to help Clara back up to her feet. He grabs hold of her arm, the same one that the red-head used to throw her down the stairs, and lifts her to her feet. Stefan bites into his wrist, causing blood to start seeping out, and he signals her to drink it. Hesitantly, Clara leans forward and takes Stefan's wrist into her mouth, once again tasting the metallic iron of the blood regrettably.

"Well, that hurt like a son of a bitch."

•••

"So, when you guys killed Finn, you actually were trying to kill them all because they were all linked together?"

This was it, the anger was pounding in Clara's veins. She was tired of being lied to, and not being given the whole plan. Her friends weren't giving her the whole details just because of her compassionate heart, and it was destroying her.

Currently, Clara was residing in Damons room as he was sucking dry all the blood bags that they had stocked up. The blonde girl was sitting on Damon's bed, not daring to stretch out because she knew for a fact the two would be in a heated argument soon.

"I'm tired of this!" Clara shouts, surprising Damon as he enters the room with a brand new shirt and pants on, not stained with the blood previously. "You guys keep lying to me, are you not supposed to be my best friend?"

"I didn't tell you on purpose, because you care for them!" Damon explains, flinging his arms around as he argues. He wanted nothing but goodness for the girl, and so he thought he would be protecting her from the pain that is killing someone. "You're heart is so big—"

"Yeah! And it's what makes me, me," Clara mimicks slightly, her lip starting to curl up in anger as Damon didn't seem to let his tone slow down. "I've heard this speech before. That doesn't mean you need to lie to me, though, because I care so much about all of you and seeing you guys lie to me kills me."

"I didn't want you to be hurt."

"I'm more hurt my best friend lied to me."

Clara felt the tears tug at her eyes, and she flickers from the ground to look back up at the raven haired boy. He almost felt his heart break from seeing his best friend in such a hurt way, and he wanted to do anything he could to ease her pain.

"I won't lie to you, not anymore, I'll tell you everything," Damon states after a few moments of silence, and the girl searches his eyes to see if he was being honest. As far as Clara saw, Damon seemed to be telling the truth. "Hey, come here."

Damon raises his arms, signaling for the girl to come closer so the two could embrace. A small, sad smile made her way into her lips, and she takes a few steps forward and wraps her frail arms around the boy's neck. He smiles to himself, wrapping his strong arms around the girls waist to pull her even closer.

"I'm sorry kiddo," Damon whispers in her ear, sneaking his hand by her back as one hand made its way into her hair. His hand rests of her neck as he feels Clara drop her chin on his shoulder and he closes his eyes, taking in the feeling of his close friend.

"Don't make me regret forgiving you," Clara chuckles softly to herself, trying to make sure no tears made their way out of her eyes. She forms her knuckles into a small fist, and punched the boy in the shoulder as hard as he could. "Dick."

A familiar smirk reappeared on Damon's face, tugging at his lips. "Love you too, princess."

a/n: woop another chap! it's kinda a filler chapter (without kol sadly) but he'll be back next chap! don't forget to vote ;-)