Chapter 1

The battlefield was a gory place. Dismembered bodies, men bleeding out, the screams of wounded soldiers, or even the pitch-black bodies that have been burned. It wasn't a pretty sight, yet men and women were still out there fighting for their fellow citizens rights and freedom.

"Alright, men, we have the British hot on our trail! We-," Colonel Laurens started before he got cut off by the sounds of guns firing.

"Incoming!" a solider yelled. The British started to fire at the unprepared army, surrounding it. Men and women scattered to grab their guns and join the fight.

"Remember your training!" Colonel Laurens called over madness.

There were soliders everywhere, all firing their arms at each other. There were screams to be heard and bodies to bury. You could see men dropping to the ground as the life drained out of their eyes. Colonel Laurens was running around, shooting whatever British troop came into sight as he desperately looked for a certain solider, Lieutenant Hamilton.

Lieutenant Hamilton was no ordinary recruit, he was Colonel Laurens secret lover. They had met in military school and really hit it off. They had shared a cabin, so they spent a lot of time together, both enjoying the others presence. Neither men wanted to admit they liked the other because their relationship could get in the way of their work, although it happened anyway. It was actually Laurens who had confessed to the other. Laurens had asked Hamilton if he wanted to go on a stroll for lunch, which Hamilton gladly accepted. It was Hamilton that made the first move by holding Laurens hand, that simple gesture gave Laurens the confidence to confess to Hamilton. The rest was history.

Now, the young red-headed Caribbean male was nowhere in sight.

The battle had gone on for hours before the U.S had lost too many men. They couldn't continue. The British had won, and taken Colonel Laurens, Lieutenant Hamilton, as well as a few other soldiers prisoner. They had suffered a great defeat and would pay the price.

The next thing the men and women knew was darkness.