Chapter 9

John's head snapped up at the sound of the creaking door opening.

"Looks like there'll be no need for you today my dear Laurens," Adriene sneered, looking at the different sized knives.

"Why?" Laurens asked skeptically. Adriene let his lips form a smirk before slowly turning his head.

"You'll know soon enough," Adriene insinuated.

"I'd know if you weren't so stubborn and tell me," Laurens hissed.

"Oh, but I do love to be stubborn," Adriene teased, drawling out the words.

"And I love to know what the heck is going on, looks like we don't always get what we want," Laurens rebuked.

"But I do! I always find a way to get what I want, even if my ways are crooked," Adriene declared.

"Yeah, I couldn't tell," Laurens joked sarcastically.

"Watch your tongue boy," Adriene warned, hardening his glare.

"I would, but I'm not sure my tongue goes out far enough for me to look at it," Laurens jeered, sticking his tongue out while crossing his eyes trying to look at it.

"You're an idiot," Adriene muttered.

"Indeed, I am," Laurens agreed.

"At last we agree," Adriene cheered sarcastically. "Well, since you don't serve a purpose, we're going to have to move you,".

"Sounds good to me," Laurens said, getting pushed out the door by four big men. Adriene sighed.

"If this is the price to pay to have my dearest, so be it,".

...

Laurens was thrown into his cell, calling out a few choice words to his accomplice.

"Don't these people know any respect? Damn," Laurens muttered under his breath.

"Alexander?" he called into the cell upon seeing his lover was nowhere to be seen. No response. "Al-Alexander?" he called again, suddenly becoming a bit more weary. No response. "Sugar?" He called again, this time getting a response. He got a soft whimper. "Sugar, the light isn't that good in here, can you come out?" Laurens asked, trying to pinpoint where the noise was coming from. Again, he got nothing but a soft whimper. "Alexander, please," Laurens pleaded.

"I'm ba-," Hamilton croaked out. "I'm back here," he softly called.

"Peaches, are you alright?" Laurens asked, hearing the distress in his lover's voice. No response. Laurens sighed, and ventured into the darkness of the corner.

"Hey," Laurens cooed, the dim light highlighting the sight that made Laurens heart shatter. Hamilton, his one and only, was curled up in a corner with a tear stained face, hyperventilating, and flinching at every advance that was made. "Doll, what happened?" Laurens questioned, slowly reaching for Hamilton's hand, only to find that he had rope around them. Something he didn't have before. Laurens felt his breathing speed up as his mind thought of the worst possible outcomes.

"Laur- Laurens?" Hamilton stammered as his body shook uncontrollably.

"Yes baby? I'm right here, shh" Laurens coaxed, holding Hamilton as close to his chest as humanly possible out of pure instinct.

"I-I'm-," Hamilton whimpered through sniffles.

"Shh," Laurens hushed, hearing the strain in the other male's voice as he spoke. Laurens held Hamilton closer, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. Hamilton balled his fists into Laurens' clothes, gathering as much fabric as possible, while drenching Laurens with tears. "Take your time," Laurens gently said, running his fingers through the other male's now greasy and knotted hair.