Chapter 6

Hamilton was pacing around the cell, letting his mind take over.

What were they doing to Laurens? Would Laurens tell them anything? Would Laurens be okay? Would he get to see Laurens today? Would he get to see Laurens ever again?

"Peaches," a voice croaked, snapping Hamilton out of his trance. He knew that voice and that language, only one person would call him that. Teary-eyed, he willed himself to look down.

He saw Laurens, or at least what the thought was him. His blond hair had red dots and was matted. His face was littered with oozing red lines, cut skin, and purple spots. His shoulder had a hole in it, and his arms and legs were bleeding. His eyes looked tired, but still held a warm look.

"Shhh, it's alright sugar," Laurens coaxed, holding his lover tighter. Truth be told, Hamilton didn't know how he got in this position, but here he was, letting Laurens hold him. Sure, he was getting covered in blood, and yes, he should be comforting Laurens, but his mind was all over the place. He couldn't function just yet, and besides, Laurens loved to hold Hamilton because it made him feel more dominate. No matter how hurt he was, holding his lover always made him feel better. Maybe it was Hamilton's love-struck face. Maybe it was the way Hamilton would cuddle close to him. Maybe it was the way he would get butterflies in his stomach when he knew his lover was safe in his arms. Who knew? It could've been all three.

"Aww, true love, how," Adriene teased. "Disgusting,".

"What do you want?" Hamilton asked, getting out of Laurens hold.

"You," Adriene replied bluntly. "But that won't happen, after all, you are just Laurens' boy toy. I'm not sure he would appreciate you leaving him,".

"B-boy toy?" Hamilton stuttered, giving Laurens a look. A look Laurens knew all too well. It was a questioning look, but if you looked at his eyes, you could see he was holding back his disappointment.

"Oh yeah, he told me everything, how you snuck out of your barrack at night to go on a date," Adriene started, watching Hamilton's face contort into one of hurt. "How he would hold your hand during meals, how he would sneak kisses on the cheek, how he was using you,".

Hamilton looked between the two men.

"You... were using me?" Hamilton questioned, his voice cracking.

"Angel-" Laurens started.

"Don't call me that," Hamilton whispered, holding back his tears causing his eyes to gloss over.

"Alexander, I would never do that, he's lying," Laurens coaxed, wanting to reach out and hold his boyfriend. To kiss his cheek and reassure him that everything will be okay. To just look at his smile. But he knew better. He would end up opening some of his wounds, just for Hamilton to pull away.

"I-I don't know... He knows about our date, that's supposed to be a secret that we share," Hamilton said. "No one else knows about it,".

Laurens bit his lip. He was right, no one else knew. There was no way to convince him.

"Maybe he had a spy," Laurens suggested. Hamilton let out a dry laugh.

"A spy?" Hamilton asked, not believing it. "You would make up stories just to save yourself?".

"It's a possibility,"

"No, you just don't want to admit that maybe you were using me,"

"I was not using you!"

"Why would Adriene make this up?"

"Because he wants to tear us apart! Destroy us!"

"Maybe, but it does sound true, especially when he knows our secrets, you know the one a loyal lover wouldn't share,"

"I am loyal!"

"Maybe, but it's hard to say that when you sneak off to Lafayette's cabin without telling me!"

"Why do I have to tell you everything? Are you that possessive?"

"Don't turn this on me! How am I supposed to trust you when you sneak off to another man's cabin, and you don't come back until late?"

"But we're not doing anything!"

"Why would you tell me if you were?" Hamilton screamed.

"I wouldn't do anything with Lafayette! He's engaged, you know that!"

"But his fiancé isn't here isn't here! He wouldn't know! It doesn't help that both of you are gayer than two rainbows making out!"

"Lafayette is a loyal man! He would never do that!" Laurens yelled.

"Maybe he wouldn't, but I can't be too sure about you!"

"So, you're saying you don't trust me?" Laurens yelled.

"I don't know any more, okay? I mean, how would he know about that stuff?" Hamilton yelled back.

"I... I don't know how he knows about it, but I promise you, I did not tell him anything, and you are not my boy toy. You're my boyfriend," Laurens said, sounding defeated, yet hopeful.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." Hamilton spat.

"Alexander-," Laurens pleaded.

"No," Hamilton spit out.

With that Adriene slipped out of the room satisfied.

...

"Good work John, you did well,".