Chapter 5

"Still haven't fully forgiven you," Hamilton teased.

"But you love me," Laurens cooed.

"And I don't know why,"

"Neither do I,".

....

"Rise and shine!" Adriene called into the cell. Hamilton groaned and sat up. "Today is a wonderful day!" Adriene cheered.

"What's so special?" Hamilton asked. Adriene smiled and stepped closer to him.

"Watch it!" Laurens warned. Adriene shrugged and squatted to Hamilton's level.

"I wouldn't worry about it peaches, it's Laurens that might have to worry," Adriene cooed.

"What do you mean?" Hamilton asked skeptically.

"First, don't call him peaches. Second, what do you mean?" Laurens asked, a little more fearful than Hamilton.

"First," Adriene mocked. "I will call him whatever I want. Second, you'll see," Adriene mocked as a sinister smile crept on his face. He slowly walked to where Laurens was sitting.

"Jesus, do I have a say in this? Like, I'm not a damsel in need of two men to decide what's best," Hamilton complained. Adriene stepped away for Laurens and make his way over to Hamilton.

"But of course! Peaches, what would you like me to call you?" Adriene asked, booping Hamilton's nose.

"No nicknames, that's weird since we're not dating-," Hamilton started before Adriene shushed him by putting his finger to Hamilton's lips.

"That could change," Adriene coaxed, tracing Hamilton's jawline.

"I'd rather it not," Hamilton argued.

"Ah, but you don't understand! You are not the one in charge! You do not call the shots! This is my funhouse; you are just a mere pawn!" Adriene snapped. Hamilton shrunk back at the outburst. "Let's just get this over with," Adriene muttered as a sinister smile made its way up his face. He snapped his fingers and people came through the door, making their way over to the two prisoners.

"What are you doing?" Hamilton yelled as he thrashed against the guards hold.

"Getting information!" Adriene called back. There were people pulling Laurens to his feet, people holding Hamilton back, and then there was Adriene in the back, laughing at it all.

"John! John! Answer me!" Hamilton screamed as his lover was being ushered away. John gave one final smile before disappearing out the door. "God damnit!" Hamilton screamed, letting his knees fall from under him.

Adriene whispered something to a guard before turning to the door, but stopped before he left. "Oh, and I'll try not to hurt your boy toy too much," Adriene mused before leaving completely.

One of the guards pulled a knife, and cut the rope connecting Hamilton's hands. Hamilton eyed him suspiciously.

"Don't get used to it," one of the guards warned, dragging his knife across Hamilton's arm. With that they left. Hamilton was alone.

....

"Well, well, well, what do we have here," Adriene teased. Laurens was strapped to a table, struggling against the leather shackles. "It's no use, those won't break," Adriene mused. "Not much of a talker? Don't worry, I'll fix that. You'll be screaming in a couple of minutes," he said smirking as he picked up a scalpel. "Now, where to start," Adriene stalled, eyeing Laurens cheek. "Perfect," he whispered to himself.

.... 

....

Hamilton was pacing across the cell when he heard a scream. A deep, husky, scream. The scream of his lover.

"Stop! He didn't do anything!" Hamilton pleaded, banging on the door. "Let him be! You're hurting him!" he screamed. "Let me out! God damnit, let me out!" he screamed louder, hitting the door even harder. "Stop!" he pleaded through tears. He gradually let his voice soften and his stop. He leaned against the door, letting his body slide down it. "Please just stop," he whispered. His face was stained with tears, his voice was raspy, and his knuckles were bleeding. "God, let him be okay," he pleaded through his short and jagged breaths. "I need him,".

....

"Did you hear that?" Adriene teased. Laurens refused to meet his eyes. Sure enough, he heard the wails, the screams, the banging. "It looks like he stopped, has he given up already? Have I simply broken him just by separating you two?" Adriene asked, dragging a much larger knife than before down his arm.

"I doubt it," Laurens spat. Adriene looked up at him.

"I wonder if anything besides witty remarks comes out of that mouth," Adriene taunted.

"Depends on who you are," Laurens retorted. Adriene rolled his eyes.

"How could Hamilton fall for you? All you are good for is looking pretty," Adriene stated, looking Laurens up and down. "And even that is debatable," he muttered.

"It's cute you're jealous," Laurens retorted. Adriene's eyes lit up with fire.

"Say that again I dare you!" Adriene threatened. Laurens smirked.

"Because you ask-," Laurens started before taking a sharp inhale.

"You should watch your tongue," Adriene advised, twisting the knife deeper into Laurens shoulder.

"Bastard," Laurens breathed out.