On The Run

Previously on Spider-Man: Far From Home...

It had been a week since J. Jonah Jameson exposed Mysterio's false accusation against Peter, ruining his life. Now Peter Parker is a fugitive, on the run. But Peter knew he was innocent. MJ knew. Aunt May knew. Ned knew. Happy knew. Even Nick Fury and Maria Hill knew he was innocent. But now he wasn't safe. He couldn't go home. He couldn't go to school. There was nowhere to run and hide. Peter knew he'd get arrested. He stopped to rest and breathe. He was wearing a dirty coat, jogging sweats, and mismatched sneakers under his Spider-Man suit. "Can't rest too long..." Peter thought to himself, "the cops won't hesitate to arrest me when I'm at my most vulnerable. Or worse, kill me. And I certainly wouldn't like to die... again."

Peter then heard the screeching of a car. He gasped. "Oh God, is it the cops?" he thought, "I gotta run. Can't let them catch me!" He tried to use his web-shooters, but... "Oh come on! I can't run out of web shooters! Not now!" Peter thought. But then a familiar voice said, "get in, quick!" Peter turned around and much to his relief and surprise, it was Harold "Happy" Hogan in a car. Peter wasted no time to get in the car and buckle up. "It's you Happy, right?" Peter asked, unsure if it was Mysterio tricking him. "It's me buddy," Happy assured him, "I'm gonna take you somewhere safe, I promise."

"May... MJ... Ned... Are they safe?" Peter asked as Happy started to drive fast. "They're okay Pete," said Happy, "they're worried about you, but Fury and Hill are keeping them safe, I swear." Peter sighed in relief. "Where are we going?" Peter asked as Happy drove out of Queens. "We're going to a safe location," said Happy, "a farm that belongs to one of SHIELD's agents. Specifically Clint Barton and his family." Peter nodded. He remembered Clint from the airport and the fight against Thanos. "This is all my fault," said Peter. "Don't say that Peter," scolded Happy, "nobody expected Beck to have a backup plan."  Peter looked down and said, "but I should've taken precautions when Beck was defeated. What if he faked his death?" Happy looked at him sadly. Peter was beating himself up. The rest of the drive was silent. Happy was careful to see if there were any police on his back. After a transition to a jet, the rest of the trip took a few hours, and Happy & Peter were outside a farm in Waverly, Iowa. This was Clint's farm. It was now nighttime. Happy and Peter got out of the jet, knocking on the door. In less than a minute, a man around 5'9 with blond hair and blue eyes with laid back clothing came out. It was Clint Barton, otherwise known as Hawkeye, formerly known as Ronin. Clint looked at them and said, "Hogan."

"Barton," replied Happy. "Hey Mr. Barton, sorry to see you under these circumstances..." Peter said awkwardly. Clint smirked and said, "When is there ever a good circumstance? Come on in. There's a guest room and some clothes that might fit you. But take a shower first, you stink man." Peter went in and found the guest room, taking off the dirty clothes and his Spider-Man suit, and went into the shower, cleaning the week's worth of filth. Peter was tired, dirty, and hungry. The hot water helped soothe Peter's aching body. Once Peter was clean enough, he got out of the shower and dried up. He then got dressed into some snug pajamas. He then came to the kitchen. In there was Happy, Clint, and Clint's wife, Laura. "Hey everyone." Peter awkwardly said, smiling. "Well, you certainly look more presentable," said Laura. "We're making roast beef for dinner. You hungry?" Clint asked. "Starving," admitted Peter. Much later, Peter, Happy, Clint, and his family were at the dinner table, eating dinner. Peter was wolfing down his dinner, making little Nathaniel laugh. "Thanks for helping me out Mr. and Mrs. Barton," said Peter once he took a break to swallow. "Please, call us Clint and Laura," said Laura. "And hey, it's no problem," said Clint, "when Happy told me you were wrongly accused, I couldn't just stand there and do nothing."

Peter smiled at them. "Don't worry Pete, if worse comes to worse, we're gonna get a good lawyer to prove your innocence," promised Happy. "I just hope they believe me," said Peter. "We believe you," said Clint. "I can take comfort knowing MJ believes I'm innocent," said Peter. After dinner, Peter helped clean the dishes, and after some ice cream, Peter brushed his teeth and went to bed. Peter hadn't slept in a week, and fell asleep in the comfortable guest bed.