The People V Peter Parker

For five months, Karen Page collected witnesses for Peter's trial. The witnesses were people like Happy Hogan, Peter's Aunt May, Ned, Betty, MJ, Flash, Peter's teachers, and J. Jonah Jameson. As much as Talos wanted to be a witness as Nick Fury, he knew he couldn't. The world still thought that the real Fury was dead, and so they had to still have everyone believe he was dead. For these five months, Matt, Jennifer, and Karen interviewed these witnesses, and they answered the questions to the best of their abilities. After choosing the right witnesses, the right jury, and the right judge, the trial known as The People V. Peter Parker was ready. It was now the day of Peter's trial. Matt and Jennifer were waiting for Peter and the judge. The judge was Cynthia Batzer, the same judge who was part of The People V. Frank Castle.

"Hey Jen!" Professor Hulk said excitedly. He was wearing more professional clothing than usual. And his right arm was no longer in a cast. Jennifer looked at her cousin and said, "Hey Bruce! It's so good to see you!" She happily gave him a hug. "Well I'm here to support you for this trial," said Professor Hulk. Jennifer smiled at Hulk. Despite everything that's happened to Bruce, he and Jennifer always stayed close. She was always there for him if he ever needed someone to talk to. And she too helped Bruce move on from Natasha. "I'm here too," said a voice that Matt could recognize. His radar like awareness and enhanced sense of smell told Matt it was his old friend Franklin "Foggy" Nelson. "Hey Foggy," said Matt, "what brings our up and coming D.A. to the courthouse?"

"Just wanted to see my old partner and my new successor deal with the biggest trial of the century," said Foggy, "seriously, this is bigger than Frank Castle. Good luck to you man." Matt smiled. He was glad to know that his old friend held no ill-will towards him, and was supporting him. "Hey, you're not going to say hi to some old friends?" said another familiar voice that Matt could recognize. It was Jessica Jones, and with her was Luke Cage and Danny Rand. "Jess? Luke? Danny? What are you guys doing here?" Matt asked. "We came to support you," said Luke. "This affects all of us man," said Danny. "Wait, do I hear another heartbeat coming from you, Jessica?" Matt asked. Jessica smiled and said, "right you are, Horn-Head."

"It's a girl," confirmed Luke as he held Jessica's hand. After The Snap, Luke and Jessica got back together, the both of them deciding not to take life for granted. Five years later, they were now married, and Jessica was now pregnant with Luke's first baby. "Well congratulations to both of you," said Matt, "I'm happy for both of you." Other people attending were American news reporters and European news reporters, there to film the most important trial of the century. The bailiffs then brought Peter in, who was in a standard prison uniform, and looked like he'd been through Hell. "You alright Peter?" Matt asked. "I've been on suicide watch, so I've had better days," said Peter, "who's the prosecutor?"

"His name is Collin Cochran," said Jennifer, "he was a staunch supporter for The Sokovia Accords and is a staunch supporter of The Daily Bugle. But he's kind of a scumbag. He's basically what Ann Coulter would have turned out if she remained a lawyer." Indeed, Collin looked like Ann Coulter if she were a man. Peter gulped a little, intimidated by this prosecutor. Collin reminded Peter of the prosecutor against Tom Robinson in To Kill a Mockingbird. The bailiff then said, "All rise for the honorable Cynthia Batzer!" Everyone then rose for the judge as she went to her seat. Judge Batzer then sat down, and said, "Let the trial for The People Vs. Peter Parker commence. Mr. Cochran, would you like to begin your opening statements?" Collin stood up and said, "Yes your honor, I would." Collin spoke with a southern droll and had the voice of a southern con artist. "Ladies and gentlemen of the court," he began, "five months ago, a hero named Mysterio was brutally murdered by the young vigilante Spider-Man in London. And when he killed Mysterio he also executed an attack of drones against London! And now this defendant claims he's innocent! Now I'm no Avenger, but I do know that one of them is a liar. Today, you will hear of the disaster that occurred. And you the jury will decide whether Peter Parker is a menace to society, or a victim of unfortunate circumstances. The choice is yours." Collin then sat down on his chair. The judge then said, "Mr Murdock, do you or Miss Walters have a statement of your own?"

Matt stood from his chair and said, "Yes your honor, I do." Matt then faced the jury and said, "ladies and gentlemen of this court and jury, what happened in Europe was indeed a tragedy. As my partners and I have investigated further, we have found there are several fabrications to the story you think you know. Today you will hear the perspectives of what everyone witnessed. Whether our client is not guilty, that is for you to decide. This court is built on a belief that everyone is innocent until proven guilty by the court of law. And that duty is up to you. In the name of God, do your duty." Matt then sat back down. Peter looked at Matt with admiration and respect. He was glad Happy had chosen these two as his lawyers. Collin then said, "the state calls as our first witness, Jay Jonah Jameson Jr."