Final Witness: Peter Parker

Peter was then guided to the witness stand and the bailiff said, "raise your right hand." Peter did so, and the bailiff asked, "do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" Peter nodded and said, "I do." He then sat on the witness stand. Collin walked up to Peter and asked, "Mr. Parker, how long have you been Spider-Man?"

"Since I was 15," admitted Peter. "Do you believe Beck created the water monster in Venice?" Collin asked. "It was so realistic when I first saw it," said Peter, "when MJ and I deduced that the Molten Man was a hologram, I figured out pretty quickly Beck created those Elementals. I should have listened to my Spider Senses and realized those things were fake." Collin gave a dumbfounded look and asked, "forgive me, what are these spider senses?" Some people chuckled. "Well, whenever something potentially dangerous happens, I feel this sense of awareness that warns me of potential danger," explained Peter, "a spider has an instinct that can warn them of danger, and that's why I call this power of mine my Spider Senses. Trust me, it's a lot better than the name my aunt thought up." May and Jessica smirked. "Okay, he's got me there," thought May. "Did you double cross Beck?" Collin accused. "Objection your honor!" Jen snapped, "Mr. Cochran is leading our defendant to incriminate himself."

"Objection overruled," said Judge Batzer, "please answer Mr. Cochran's question, Mr. Parker." Peter frowned and said, "Beck lied to all of us from the beginning. He purposefully caused damage and made himself look like the hero when he wasn't. He lied to me from the moment I met him. I made the mistake of giving him my EDITH Glasses, a gift from Tony, because I trusted him. And when I found out he was lying, he double-crossed me and tried to murder me and my friends, just to be the hero." Collin, knowing he was going to lose, asked in vain, "did you kill Quentin Beck?" Peter looked at Collin and confirmed, "no, I didn't kill him. He died from wounds caused by drones misfiring and shooting him." Collin sighed and reluctantly said, "your witness, Mr. Murdock." Matt walked up to the witness stand and asked, "Mr. Parker, can you explain what happened after you, Miss Jones, and Mr. Leeds discovered Beck's deceit?"

"I went to Berlin to warn the authorities, but Beck was already there," said Peter, "he then tormented me with illusions, and he even said that if I had been good enough, maybe Tony would have been alive. When I made the mistake of revealing who else discovered the holograms, Beck had me get hit by a train. I woke up in a jail cell in the Netherlands after that." Matt listened to Peter's heartbeat, and knew he was telling the truth. "What did you do after you woke up in the Netherlands?" Matt asked. "Happy picked me up, I made a new suit, and we went to London to stop Beck from killing everyone," explained Peter, "and I took EDITH back to shut down the drones." Matt listened to Peter's heartbeat, and knew he wasn't lying. "Did Mr. Beck try to murder you again when you were stopping the drones?" Matt asked. "He did. I was simply defending myself. He even tried to shoot me, and I stopped him from killing me." Peter confirmed, remembering that battle which took a physical toll on him. "Do you believe Mr. Beck to be dead?" Matt asked. Peter gave a look of uncertainty and said, "no, I don't believe he's dead. Part of me thinks he's still alive and faked his death. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true." Matt looked at Judge Batzer and said, "your honor, I rest my case."

"And what of you, Mr. Cochran?" Judge Batzer asked Collin. He looked at the judge and said, "I rest my case as well, your honor." Judge Batzer nodded and said, "very well then. Thank you for your cooperation, Mr. Parker. You may go back with Mr. Murdock. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you have heard from many sides of the story. Now you shall retire to the jury room to decide amongst yourselves an appropriate verdict for the defendant. Proceed." She then banged her gavel, and as Peter and Matt left the witness stand, the jury left to decide the fate of Peter Parker.