10

Your POV

"Where is he?" I asked after Camila and I had been waiting for about fifteen minutes.

"He should be here any minute. What are you planning?" She asked, trying to read my face.

"Nothing," I told her as I scooted a little closer to her and put my casted arm behind her on the couch.

I watched as Camila's breathing visibly picked up when I let my other hand rest on her thigh.

"What are you doing?" She seemed to have to force out the question.

"Is this alright?" I asked innocently.

I let my hand that was resting on the couch fall around her shoulders. Camila nodded, scooting closer to me. I smiled, gripping her thigh a little harder.

"Good," I said, not moving an inch when I heard the studio door open.

"Hey, sorry I took a little longer than I said- whoa," I heard Shawn say as the door closed behind him. "I didn't realize you weren't alone."

"Oh, um," Camila stuttered, resting a hand over mine.

I was actually surprised when she didn't move it. She gathered herself quickly, threading our fingers together.

"Yea, Y/n has been coming to the studio with me for the past couple weeks."

I smiled at the girl before turning to look at Shawn for the first time since he walked in. His eyebrows were furrowed and he didn't seem to like what he was seeing.

I knew he wouldn't.

"Hey, Shawn," I greeted kindly.

"Hey," he said, his tone quite cold.

I walked to give him a look, but I could feel Camila's eyes on me.

"I didn't expect you to stick around," he said.

Oh, he was being brave today.

I felt Camila squeeze my hand, which was the only thing that kept me from making a smart comment.

"Really? Why's that?" I asked, almost wanting him to make another comment so I could hurt his feelings.

"You just don't seem like the type of person that wants to be tied down in one place for too long," he said, and that would've been the end of him if Camila hadn't stepped in.

"Shawn!" She said, making him look at her. "Can we talk outside?"

Shawn gritted his teeth as he stepped outside, Camila standing up in front of me.

"I'll be right back," she told me, kissing my cheek before she walked out.

Camila closed the door behind her and I quickly got up to listen to what they were saying through the door.

"Why are you being so rude to her?" Camila asked the boy.

"No, the real question is why is she still around. I told you that she was bad news, Camila," Shawn quipped back.

"Bad news? Shawn, you know nothing about her," Camila told him.

"Neither do you! How do you know she isn't sticking around just to leach off of you?" Shawn accused, and I almost came through that wall.

"Shawn, you don't see what I see, and if you're just going to be an asshole to her then leave," Camila told him, and I quickly ran back to the couch before she could come back inside.

Camila walked back in the room a few minutes later, letting out a sigh before she came back to sit next to me.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I grabbed her hands.

"Yea, I'm alright. Shawn left," she told me.

"What did he say?" I asked again as I brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

"It's not important," she waved me off. "Thank you for not getting into a fight with him."

"It's fine. It wasn't worth it anyways," I admitted as she faced me completely.

Camila smiled as she leaned in and kissed my cheek, her lips falling halfway on mine, leaving me wondering what actually kissing her lips would feel like. She cuddled up to me, unable to see the blush that had overtaken my face.

"Oh, and I know you were listening to us argue by the door," Camila said suddenly.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to know what he thought of me," I apologized.

"I'm not mad at you," she giggled. "I'm just glad you didn't open the door and fight him. He was being a real dick."

"I'm not here to leach off of you," I told her honestly.

Shawn's words were actually getting to me.

"I know," Camila told me, looking up to show me she believed me.

"Good," I said, pulling the girl closer to me.