15

Camila's POV

I rolled over in bed when I felt the sunlight hitting my skin through the window. That was my second favorite way to wake up.

My first favorite way was next to Y/n, but she had fallen asleep in her room last night before I got home. I stretched before getting out of bed and making my way down to Y/n's room.

"Y/n," I called out as I walked in before I realized she wasn't in bed.

I wondered if she was in the bathroom, looking to see the door open and light off.

I walked around the house calling her name and getting no answer for almost twenty minutes. I was now officially freaking out.

I walked back in her room to look around. This time I noticed a lot of things were missing.

I decided to call her, frantically pulling up her contact and pressing the correct button. Every time I called the phone rang out.

She wasn't answering and her things were missing.

There was no way she left. She doesn't even have a car, and she told me she would stay.

Had I scared her off?

I walked outside to look around the back yard, hoping she would be there but finding nothing.

"Don't freak out," I told myself as I tried to think of logical explanations.

Maybe she went for a run, or maybe she needed something from the store.

That's when I had an idea.

"The cameras!" I exclaimed to myself before quickly pulling out my phone to check them.

If Y/n left then the cameras definitely would have caught her.

I looked through the clips carefully. There were a few clips from around six this morning that caught a bird, but before that there were a couple from about one in the morning.

I clicked on the first one, watching as Y/n walked out of the house.

It looked like she was looking for something for a bit before a second person came into frame.

"You have got to be joking," I mumbled to myself.

I could already tell exactly who it was from the bushy hair and the tall stature.

Shawn and Y/n looked as is they were arguing. The clips didn't have sound, but it looked like it got heated quickly as I saw Y/n grab him by his shirt and push him against the wall.

They argued some more before Y/n shoved him and walked back inside.

The clip cut off and I quickly went to the second one. I watched as Y/n walked back outside with her bag.

Shawn said something to her, and I could tell it made her mad. She threw her bag to the side and dropped Shawn with one punch.

Honestly, it was kind of hot, but that's not what I was supposed to be focused on.

I watched her grab her bag again and leave, Shawn taking a little longer to drag himself up and go.

What the fuck was going on?

I sat there, trying to process what I'd just watched as my phone started ringing.

I thought it might have been Y/n, but I felt anger rise when I read the contact name.

Shawn.

I answered because I wanted to know what he had to say, and I had to play nice if I wanted answers.

"Hey, Mila," the boy said excitedly through the phone.

"Hey, Shawn," I said is a sickly sweet voice.

"Do you have plans today?" He asked.

"Actually, today is an off day," I lied, making a mental note to cancel my studio session. "Why? What's up?"

"Really? I'm off too. I wanted to know if you'd want to do something," he said.

"That sounds fun actually," I lied. "You can come over if you want. I think Y/n went out for the day, so I'm by myself."

"Oh, she did?" He asked, and I wanted to reach through the phone and choke him.

"Yea. So, are you coming?"

"I'll be there in ten," he said before hanging up.

I needed to figure out what was going on, and I was going to get the truth out of Shawn by any means necessary.

I had to know why she left.