16

Camila's POV

I was sitting on the couch running over the plan in my head when the doorbell finally rang.

I got up, already feeling anger bubble in my system before I even reached the door. I took a deep breath to calm myself down as I stood in front of it.

I had to play nice if I wanted answers.

I put a smile on my face as I opened the door.

"Hey," Shawn smiled, pulling me into a hug that lasted a little too long to be friendly.

"Hey," I greeted, pulling away so he could come in.

"So, what's the plan today?" He asked as he walked past me.

He didn't take his sunglasses off after he came inside, and I think I had an idea as to why he didn't.

"I don't really know," I answered as I led him to the living room. "I was hoping you'd have an idea."

"I was thinking we could go watch a movie or something," he said, smiling in excitement.

"I don't know. Y/n and I went to the movies yesterday," I said, scanning his face as well as I could without being able to see his eyes.

His face fell quickly, just as I expected it to. I knew he didn't like her, but I never thought he'd do something to try and get rid of her.

"Why do you still have your glasses on?" I asked him.

"Oh, I guess I just forgot they were on," he laughed lightly.

I raised my eyebrow as he hesitantly took them off, revealing a huge black eye. Y/n did hit him hard.

"What happened?" I asked, getting closer and examining it to act as if I didn't know who gave it to him.

"I- um... I fell?" He hesitantly lied.

"You fell?" I asked, watching him nod. "You fell and it left the imprint of a ring?"

I brushed my finger over the mark that was obviously left by Y/n's ring. Shawn opened and closed his mouth a few times. He couldn't think of anything else to say.

"How did you really get this black eye?" I asked him as I stood in front of him.

"Someone punched me..."

"Who?" I asked, continuing when he didn't answer. "Did you get in a fight or something? Honestly, you probably deserved it."

I could tell that last comment got under his skin, which is exactly what I needed to get him to start talking.

"I did not," he said through gritted teeth. "Your psycho ass friend did this to me."

"What?" I asked, feigning surprise.

"I came over last night to apologize to her and she punched me, so I left," he said, not making eye contact with me one time through his whole lie.

"You came over last night?" I asked. "When?"

"I don't know," he mumbled. "Like ten o'clock."

"Yea?" I asked, watching him nod. "That's funny, because the garage camera showed you here at around one in the morning."

"What?" He asked.

I guess he didn't realize I had cameras.

"Tell me the real reason you were here this morning, Shawn," I crossed my arms.

"I- I just..." He stuttered.

"You just what?" I asked.

"I just want to keep you safe!" He yelled. "She's dangerous, Camila! She's a drug dealer!"

"No, she's not Shawn!" I yelled back. "She is someone I care about now, and I don't need you taking this situation into your own hands!"

"Did you hear anything I just said? She is a drug dealer, and who's to say she isn't doing those drugs too?" He asked, obviously frustrated.

"Where is she?" I asked him, ignoring everything he just said.

"I don't know, Camila. I can't believe you're actually looking for her when you can literally see what she's capable of," he said, pointing to his eye.

"Well, I can't believe you're still in my house right now," I said, pulling out my phone and scrolling to Y/n's contact.

"Whatever," Shawn mumbled as he began walking towards the door. "Just know-"

"Shawn, get out of my house," I cut him off.

He let out a sigh as he walked out, closing the door behind him. I quickly called Y/n, hoping she'd answer this time.

I needed to find her.