18

Your POV

"I did hit him pretty hard," I said, watching as Camila rewinded the camera footage of me punching Shawn and played it again.

"I could tell you hit him hard just by looking at his eye," Camila told me.

"He deserved it," I shrugged my shoulders.

I might have felt bad about punching him if he hadn't been running his mouth.

"Yea. It was kind of hot to be honest," Camila said, continuing to watch the screen.

My eyebrows raised at the comment, but she never looked over at me so I just brushed it off.

"Your hand is okay, right?" She asked, grabbing my hand and looking at my knuckles again.

They were a little bruised and swollen, but I'd dealt with way worse after getting into fights in the past.

"Yea, they're fine," I smiled, intertwining our fingers.

"Are you sure? They're bruised," she pointed out.

"I promise you that I'm okay," I smiled. "I've had much worse."

"Have you gotten in a lot of fights?" She asked.

I wanted to brush off the question, but I had to open up. That was the first step in making things work between us. There couldn't be anymore secrets.

"Yea, I've been in my fair share of fights," I told her, smiling sadly. "I used to work with some pretty shady people. I had to be able to protect myself."

"I'm glad you're getting more comfortable with telling me about your past," she said, pulling me closer to her.

"Well, now that I know it doesn't change anything between us I don't see a reason to be secretive about it," I told her, watching her smile grow as she leaned in to kiss my lips.

"You're seriously the sweetest person ever," she told me when we pulled back. "I can't even see you being involved with stuff like that."

"I didn't do it for the fun of it. I did it because I had to support myself. I never wanted to put myself in that situation," I admitted.

"Well, now you don't have to," Camila smiled.

"Thanks to you," I told her.

She smiled, but I kept a straight face. She might not want to take credit for it, but she really did save me from that lifestyle.

"I'm serious. I didn't realize it at the time, but you were exactly what I needed that night. I needed one person to reach out. I needed someone to show me that there are more options out there for me, and that's exactly what you did," I ranted, watching her eyes start to water.

I took a deep breath before I continued.

"You were like my little guardian angel."

"Stop. You're going to make me cry," she said, wiping her eyes.

"It's true," I shrugged. "What made you help me that night, anyways?"

"I don't really know," she admitted. "Obviously, you were hurt. I knew you needed to go to the hospital, but Shawn wanted to leave you after we brought you. I couldn't do that to you."

"Why not?" I asked again.

Honestly, Camila should've listened to Shawn that night.

I was a stranger, and she took me in without knowing what I was capable of.

"I don't know. I could tell you had been involved with some things you probably shouldn't have been involved in. Something was telling me that I needed to help you."