1 | Flashbacks

tap...
ta-tap...
tap-tap-tap....

Their slender, clawed digits glided diligently across the keys as they scanned for energon readings, examining the day's compiled data. Their visor displayed a cold, abyssal black, with slim waves periodically crossing over them as they recorded their work. Their companion, Laserbeak, called to them, and the silent Decepticon observed coolly as it flew over, hovering behind them as they toiled away. Soundwave paid their miniature partner no other significant regard, and slowly turned their gaze back to the projected screen in front of them.

Soon after that, however, an all too familiar voice entered the bridge with unwavering, unconcerned authority; causing Soundwave to pause yet again in the midst of their assignment.

"Soundwave, have you managed to come across any undiscovered sightings of energon as of yet?" The menacing voice of Lord Megatron dragged out the name of their subordinate slyly, his servos placed behind him while his wicked smile traveled to the screen. Soundwave's face plate stayed glued to the view of symbols and encrypted data in front of them, knowing Lord Megatron valued such diligency.

"Not yet, Lord Megatron," They crackled out an answer from the voice of Starscream, with an underlying computerized tone. Laserbeak echoed a high-pitched whir as an added reply, sounding somewhat deflated, if it were possible. The Lord of the Decepticon's expression soured, and his smile quickly faded into that of irritated impatience. He let out a short exhale.

"Well then--let's hope you find something soon." Lord Megatron's domineering voice halfway commanded, followed by a mildly dissatisfied side glance as he turned his back to the Third in Command. Finding it fruitless to force out further words from their subordinate, the Decepticon Leader took his leave. Lord Megatron's heavy footfalls reverberated loudly against the dull metal walls as he strided back into the heart of the Nemesis, his servos still clasped neatly against his back.

Surveillance Chief Soundwave displayed no difference of change in his stature nor expression, only absorbing his leader's words wordlessly within his mind and resuming his work with intense and competent earnest. Unfortunately, Soundwave was not graced with the proper conditions to fufill his work in tranquility this day.

Hardly giving anytime between, therein came another Decepticon that decided to make an entrance to the main-bridge, whom of which went by the ironic designation of Knockout, compared to his rather lackluster skills in combat. The vain mech entered the main bridge, with his paint job buffed out in a particularly eye-catching vermillion red sheen. He passed by Megatron, exaggeratedly reeling his helm back from surprise at first when the pocket door revealed each other's presence. Lord Megatron heeded not a moment of his esteemed gaze towards the physician, though the doctor still put in the effort to display a curt bow to their almighty leader. After the Lord had trailed down the Nemesis' corridor a small ways, Knockout promptly stood up straight again and sent a shimmering grin in Soundwave's direction, though the most Knockout could have argued to have received in turn was a brief, dispassionate glance from the edge of Soundwave's ebony visor, the lighting from above reflecting a slight shine onto the Third in Command that made their stare a little less intimidating.

Knockout, having been well accustomed to such cold, aloof stares, was hardly affected by it either way, and casually strode closer down the walkway Soundwave was residing upon, deciding to strike up a conversation to bide his time in the absence of patients to tend to.

"Why hello there, Soundwave, what are you up to these days? Same old same old, I suppose?" He called out to the Second Leiutenant with his usual silver-tongued voice, pausing his gait when he arrived close enough to the control deck to speak at a normal voice level. Not able to find much company in the halls of the Nemesis as of recent, Knockout had resorted to chatting with the least social Decepticon he'd ever laid optics upon. That and of course, graciously providing his shining existence to all, as Knockout would most likely coin it. Though, if the Communications and Surveillance Chief should have a say, they'd have considered his presence more blindingly annoying than anything.