• Chapter 2 •

Sky Blue's PoV

I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings, breathing raggedly. I saw Snow White was still passed out beside me and I sat up before shaking her awake. Then she sat up.

"I thought that it was all just a dream." I admitted to her. "Me too." She replied. I sighed before standing up and holding out my hand to help her up. She took my hand and stood up.

"We have to figure out how to get out of these woods and then to Duke Hammond's castle. To him and William." I told her and she nodded in agreement. "As long as we survive the first part." She said and I caught her eyes. I let out a laugh. "Yeah, let's focus on that." I agreed.

Then we started walking. It was still as creepy as it was before. We heard distorted voices and ran away from that direction. The forest was a maze of trees and branches. Finally we came to a large tree whose roots had a place to hide that was large enough for both Snow and I.

We sat there and my eyes widened when I saw a human figure in the distance coming towards us. The person finally came into view and it was a man that looked older, but not by much, than Snow and I. He was holding an axe.

He came into the clearing right in front of the tree and he was looking around like he was searching for something. Or someone. Snow and I tried to be as quiet as we could. He headed behind the tree and out of view. Snow and I still didn't move.

Then all of a sudden, Snow was dragged out by her leg and I scrambled to get out to protect her. "Come here." The man said and she stopped struggling as I watched him cautiously.

"Will you help us? Please, the Queen is going to kill us." Snow tried to convince him to help us. "Sure she is." He said as he grabbed onto me and started dragging us both away. "No, really. She's going to rip out our hearts." I told him and he stopped walking and turned to look at us.

That's when Finn and soldiers came into view, walking towards us. "Quick work." Finn spoke to the man. Snow and I tried to run away, but he grabbed ahold of our arms. "Hey!" He said, bring us back.

"Well done, Huntsman. Hand them over." Finn told him. Snow looked at the man pleadingly as I struggled, but the man didn't hand us over and I temporarily stopped struggling. He had a really strong grip.

"What do you intend to do with them?" The man questioned Finn. "Why do you care?" Finn responded. "You want them... Hey!" He shouted, raising his axe as soldiers started coming forwards towards us. The soldiers stopped moving.

"Give me what I was promised." The man told Finn. "You did your job well. Now, keep your word." Fun spoke, holding his hand out for my twin and I. Like Hell if I was ever going back.

"He'll kill all three of us." Snow tried to reason with the man. "Shut up." He responded. "He will." I stood up for my twin. "I said, shut up." He responded and held his axe blade up to my throat.

"I'll keep my word when the Queen keeps hers. Where's my wife?" The man demanded. "He's going to betray you." Snow told him and I would've nodded in agreement, but the axe blade was still under my throat.

"My sister has many powers. She can take life away, or sustain it, but she can't bring your wife back from the dead, you fool!" Finn snarled. "I want her back!" The man shouted and knocked Snow and I to the ground before he started fighting Finn and the soldiers.

He hit Finn in the face with the butt of his axe and then swung at one of the soldiers. He missed but on the counter-swing he hit a soldier in the gut with the butt of his axe. I scrambled to my feet with Snow and we didn't stay to see how the fight ended up. There was that one man against Finn and his soldiers. The odds didn't look good for him.

A few minutes later as we turned around a tree, the man covered our mouths with his hands. Our screams were muffled as he shushed us. "Quiet. All right?" Snow and I both nodded and he let us go.

While I was sure Snow meant to keep her word, I waited until he looked upwards, then I hit with with a right hook and grabbed one of the knives on his belt. I stood in a defensive position with Snow beside me.

"Hey, what the hell's going on? Who are you? Why does the Queen want you dead?" He questioned us. "She wants everyone dead, all of us." I answered. "What makes you two so damn valuable?" He questioned us again.

I rolled my eyes. "You should know, you're the one hunting us." Snow deflected his question. Then the man groaned and looked down at his chest. He put his hand underneath his clothing where his heart was and when he pulled his hand out, there was blood covering his fingers.

"Forget it. I should have never gotten involved in the Queen's business. What did I get in? Stupid..." He trailed off as he started walking away. "Where are you going?" Snow called after him. He turned around and shushed her before looking around.

"Getting away from you two. You're trouble, is what you are." He answered and Snow ran towards him. I followed, walking not running. "We need to get to the Duke's castle. There's an army there." Snow said.

"Oh, the Duke's army?" The man replied and laughed scornfully. "Bunch of farmers and milkmaids with pitchforks. I know sheep that have more fight in them." The man said and looked like he was about to walk away again.

"We're valuable. That's why you're here, isn't it? If you leave us, we're dead. If you return without us, you're dead. You know that as much as we do. The Queen is not the forgiving nor the forgetting type." I spoke, hoping to convince him to stay. My words must've worked because he turned around and walked back to us.

"Just for argument's sake, how much reward?" The man questioned. "However much is enough." Snow and I answered together. "At least thirty gold pieces..." Snow interrupted him. "A hundred. Help us." Snow told him.

He walked towards us, invading our space, and Snow stepped backwards as I held the knife defensively, being protective of my twin. "Who are you?" He questioned. "You should've asked the Queen that." I replied.

If he knew who we really were, I had a feeling he would leave without helping us. And I didn't trust him, so there's that. "I don't trust you." He told us. Looks like the feeling was mutual.

"I give you my word." Snow told him. "I still don't trust you. But you have a deal." The man said and spit in his hand before holding it out for a Snow to shake. I was glad I wasn't the one he was holding out his hand to. I didn't want his saliva on me.

Snow looked at his hand for a second before placing her hand in his. After a moment he pulled his hand back and started to turn around before looking at the knife in his hand. "Give me that, before you lose a finger." He spoke. I simply replied by twirling it between my fingers skillfully.

"You were saying?" I questioned. He looked up from my hand and glanced at me before turned and starting to walk away. Snow and I glanced at each other before following him.