s i x.

CHAPTER SIX: DEATH PROOF.

belle sat at her bay window looking out in her front yard

belle sat at her bay window looking out in her front yard. there was a knock at her door, "come on, we have to head to the coopers," melissa told her daughter.

belle sighed as she got up and followed her mother.

_____

belle sat beside betty in the cooper household, "riverdale's best and brightest, huh?" alice asked as she set down a place of tea and cups on the table in front of the teens and their parents.

"alice, thank you for hosting." mayor mccoy said.

"of course, mayor mccoy," alice replied, "when i heard what happened at nick's party, i decided we should come together to deal with this motley crew of lairs, dope fiends, and fornicators. except for my betty, who was smart enough to leave the party," she got cut off by belle.

belle coughed slightly, "um, i wasn't even there to started with." she pointed out. which lead to veronica scoffing.

alice raised her eyebrows at the teenager, "and belle." she looked back at the rest of the group, "before it was bacchanalian free-for-all." alice tried to continue but betty had cut her off.

"oh, my god. mum, please don't." betty spoke.

veronica turned leaned towards archie, "great. here we go. saint betty, good girl belle and succubus veronica," she whispered. belle and betty raised their eyebrows at the girl.

"just for clarity, alice, you're hosting this to gloat?" fred spoke out.

veronica and the other were whispering among each other as belle and betty just kept their heads down. alice has noticed and clean her throat to make them stop whispering.

"careful throwing stones there, acid-queen alice. i'm not the only one that knows the story behind that mug shot that your daughter printed in her paper." hiram pointed out.

"well, i, for one, would like to know who brought the jingle-jangle to the party," hermione questioned, belle's eye widen from shock at the mention of jingle-jangle at the party. belle looked at betty before she looked at reggie.

reggie looked down in shame before putting his hand out when his mother stopped it, "reginald, not a single word out of your mouth until we get a lawyer." she told him.

"all reggie needs to tell us, melinda, is how he acquired it," hiram informed.

"some gang member who deals on the southside." reggie answered, at the mention of the southside, melissa perked up.