Chapter 5 - Trusting Sans

You walked over, sniffing Sans' hand, finding out he wasn't into battling much either. You felt bad for judging him, and licked his hand gently as a way of apologising.

He stroked you, "Its alright, little Eevee... I don't mind..."

You purred, and nuzzled his hand. You knew he would help you become stronger. He introduced you to his pokemon, and you noticed his Cubone standing in the corner.

You slowly walked over, and quietly spoke, "Hello..."

The Cubone looked at you, and smiled warmly, "Hi. Listen, Sans might seem like a trainer, but he really just wants the best for us. In his gym, it's always allowed for him to switch pokemon."

You kept that in mind as you made your decision. You would join his team. Become stronger. Learn more moves. You smirked, "Does he still train?"

"To an extent... He battles with us once a month or so. Not many trainers go to his gym nowadays. They used to always go there until Papyrus came into the group. Now, if anyone beats Papyrus, they can go to Sans."

You nodded, and knew you would ask him if you can train. But how?

You then remembered that you were given a power no other Eevee had. A power to transform into a human, but keep your ears and tail.

"No. It's too early for that." You thought. You walked away from Cubone, and to Sans.

"Hey there, little Eevee. Did you have a name?" Sans asked, kneeling down to you.

Being a smart little Eevee, you grabbed a pencil in your paw and began to write on the notebook on the floor. It was kinda sloppy, but you managed to write your given name.

"(Y/n)? Is that your name?"

You chirruped, prancing around in happiness. Sans smiled at your reaction.

"Okay then! (Y/n), do you want to join my team? It's nothing too special. No one ever gets past my brother. There's this one trainer named Shamus who will come back for a rematch against Papyrus though."

You froze. Shamus? Your old trainer? You jumped on Sans' shoulder, and chirruped.

"You want to be on my team?"

You nodded, and Sans grabbed a pokeball, but you jumped away. You shook your head, and Sans understood.

"No pokeball though, huh? I won't keep you in there. It's only gonna be capturing you and making you an official part of my team. You can stay outside the pokeball if you want."

You thought long and hard about it, before jumping to the pokeball and touching it, going inside. Once the light went green, Sans let you out. You shook yourself, and the other Pokemon ran to the door. You were confused, but Sans just chuckled.

"Its training time for them. Let's go. (Y/n)."

You jumped on Sans' shoulder, and began to go into the yard to train.