Chapter 6 - Training

You had jumped off Sans' shoulder, excited to train. You knew Sans would keep you safe. He wouldn't abuse you like Shamus had.

"Eager, are we little (Y/n)?" Sans chuckled.

You blushed beneath your fur, and backed away a bit. Sans smiled warmly.

"Its okay. I enjoy a good battle too. Cubone, can you please be the opponent?"

Cubone nodded, and went to the other side of the field. Papyrus was there to watch, and you smirked at the challenge of battle.

You were kind, yes, but this was your second chance. You weren't gonna blow it. You chirruped loudly, a battle cry if you will, and Sans sensed your determination to win.

"(Y/n), try not to get too carried away. Now, Shadow Ball!" Sans commanded.

You used it, and Cubone dodged, using bonemarang. You dodged in turn.

"Trump Card, go!"

You landed from dodging, only to immediately jump back into the air to use the move. Cubone wasn't able to dodge that, and got hit, but being a ground type it didn't do much.

"Now, Bite attack!"

You landed again, and sprinted towards Cubone. However... the flashback of when you were a wild Eevee stopped you.

"It hurts! HELP!! PLEASE!!" You pleaded, your mother having been captured already.

A young Cubone walked over, "You are... alone too?" It asked.

"Yes! And I hurt my leg! Please help me!"

"Calm down... you'll make it worse... Here... I don't know any healer moves, but..."

Cubone wrapped your injured front leg in a leaf, with some special sap that helps the wound heal quicker.

"There. I'll stay here and help you. We can look out for each other!" Cubone smiled.

You smiled back, "Thank you... Cubone..."

Your eyes widened, and you fell to the ground, skidding across the dirt. Cubone had long since dodged your attack.

Sans and Papyrus rushed over, and Sans immediately checked on you, "Are you okay, (Y/n)?"

You shook yourself, and stood. Your fur had been slightly messed up, but you didn't care. You weren't like Cinccino. You didn't really care about your looks.

Sans stroked you slowly, "Let's... head inside to Toriel... see if she can heal you up a bit..."

You looked to the ground, but shook your head. You growled and ran to the field again. Sans looked surprised, but smiled warmly.

"If you want to keep training... we will!"

Papyrus was watching you in awe of your determination. You began fighting Cubone again, shoving down the urge to stop.

2 hours later:

The sun began to set, and you landed, landing from dodging an attack. You collapsed. Sans held you, and took you inside.

"Okay, enough training for one day. Let's go inside." He smiled.

You went inside, and Sans placed you on a bed near his own. You were on the nightstand, in a dog bed. You didn't mind. It was better than sleeping outside.

Sans stroked you again, and went to bed. You curled up, and fell asleep easily.