The Good, The Bad, And The Angry

Another laugh came from somewhere in the building, no doubt from Payne. You flipped through the cameras, and found Payne in the main party room. " He's away from us. For now. " You said to Mike, who was checking the hall. You flipped to the left vent camera and saw the animatronic inside. " We've got that old Chica sitting in the left vent. " You informed Mike. He nodded, turning the flashlight to the right vent. He saw Toy Bonnie sitting inside, staring back at him. " Under the desk. Now!" He hissed. You nodded, hiding under the cramped desk. You stared out from under it, watching the pair of blue feet walk in front of the desk. 

A few seconds later, Toy Bonnie retreated into the darkness. You were about to get out from under the desk when Mike kicked you. " Stay under. " He said, his voice low. You nodded to yourself, and gulped as you watched a pair of yellow feet enter the room. After the Chica animatronic had left, you crawled out from under the desk. You grabbed the tablet and began to wind up the music box. " You're crawling under the desk next. " You said to Mike. 

Mike didn't respond, still checking the hall and vents with his flashlight. You rolled your eyes, and flipped back through the cameras. " Payne's in the hall. " He said, making you jump at his voice. You looked up at the darkened hall, and saw the outline of Payne standing inside. A horrible scarping sound came from him as he dragged his hook along the wall. You resisted the urge to plug your ears, and slowly slid under the desk. Didn't peek out from under the desk, as you didn't want him to see you watching you. 

You listened as footsteps entered the office. You held your breath, in hopes that he wouldn't hear you hiding under the desk. Then, a creak came from above you. You watched as Mike leaned his chair back, trying not to let Payne get too close. He isn't leaving... You realized. Slowly, you shifted your arm so that you could see your watch. It was 5:24; there would be no miraculous rescues tonight. Then, Payne put his hook under the mask, and pulled it off. Mike's face went white as he realized what might befall him. With a shriek, he leaped out of the chair and into the vent. 

The desk creaked again, and the wood began to splinter. You jumped out from under the desk, moments before it was crushed under Payne's weight. You didn't hesitate, and crawled into the vent. The vents were huge, and it made sense that the large animatronics were able to get into them. Then, you realized that Payne could get into the vent behind you. " Mike! Run! " You yelled before glancing behind you. The blood drained from your face when you saw Payne behind you. 

You tried to crawl faster, but Payne grabbed your ankle tightly. He began to drag you out of the vent slowly. You struggled helplessly, kicking and grabbing at anything you saw. Payne pulled harder, and soon you were lying on the floor of the office. Payne lifted you up as if you were a fly, and regarded you thoughtfully. You stared into his eyes, trying not to show any fear. It didn't work. Payne then put his hand to your throat, beginning to choke you. You struggled, looking for something to free yourself. Then, you saw a small bundle of exposed wires on Payne's neck. You reached towards them, trying to grab them. You could see black spots at the edge of your vision. Your lungs felt like they were about to burst. You tried to grab a hold of them, stretching as far as you could. Then, you grabbed a hold of them. With a tug, you pulled them free of whatever they were plugged into. 

The pressure on your neck was released instantly, and the arm that was holding you fell limp. You had no time to relish your small victory as Payne knocked you to the ground with his good arm. You scrambled back up, and faced him. You knew that you didn't stand a chance against him. A smile crept it's way onto Payne's face. " You nightguards are all the same. And you all deserve to be put down like a sick dog. " He growled. You didn't say anything, instead slowly backing away. " Why do you fight?" Payne asked, not moving. " We both know you can't win. " You gulped, preparing yourself to run. " You know what? Let's make this fun. Have you ever played hide and seek? You have ten seconds to hide, then I'll come kill you. "  Payne turned away from you, allowing you to run.