two

HYUCK

Donghyuck closed his eyes, letting the sunlight warm his features as he threw his head back, basking in the Miami sun. The light breeze ruffled his silver hair and was a welcoming development, given that it cooled his skin from the harsh sun.

He was immensely thankful that NCT allowed him to take this break with the rest of the models under the Entertainment company, a much deserved vacation after the extreme dieting and concentrated photoshoots they endured whilst in New York for the past couple of weeks. Donghyuck felt drained- he ached everywhere- and he knew that the others were also desperate for a break as well, and so without much resistance NCT allowed them to fly 3hrs just to witness the much anticipated Miami Beach.

"RACE YOU!!"

Donghyuck's eyes snapped open, his gaze drifting to Yuta and Jaemin who were sprinting, full force, towards the ocean- Jaehyun and Sicheng right behind them.

Before Donghyuck even contemplates taking off after them he's being lifted into the air and thrown over Johnny's shoulder- Taeyong laughing loudly next to them as Donghyuck kicks his legs playfully with Johnny nearing the sea.

No full words are formed, just desperate strings of syllables as Johnny waddles through the water. He can hear Jaemin laughing over the commotion before he's deafened by his own high pitched scream as Johnny manages to fling him into the ocean almost as if he weighs nothing.

Donghyuck emerges from the water, spluttering half hearted curses to Johnny who only laughs louder and pulls Donghyuck into his chest- arms wrapping around his waist

"You're so mean to me" he pouts, looking up at the older who only smiles back

"It's a harsh world out there, Hyuck" Jaemin jokes, feigning a serious expression and clutching a hand to his heart.

Donghyuck takes that opportunity to splash his friend, satisfied as Jaemin falls backwards into the waves.

"Who's being mean now?" Yuta teases, quickly moving away so that he doesn't suffer the same treatment as Jaemin.

"Now now kids" Taeyong clears his throat, gradually wading his way through the water towards them, "Our manager said that he's found a quiet place to eat so if you're done messing around we can head off"

"But Tae~" Jaemin whines, closely followed by a number of the others, "we just got here"

"I know Minnie, but we can come back after we've eaten if you like- our flight back isn't till the evening"

Defeated, Jaemin nods, before submerging himself in the water and swimming the short distance over to where Donghyuck is, now along with Johnny and Jaehyun.

Donghyuck lowers himself so he's level with Jaemin, "on three we swim away", he whispers and they both nod in agreement.

Taeyong is almost out of the water by this point, standing with Taeil, Jungwoo and Doyoung as they wait for the others to come ashore.

"1....2...-!"

And just as they both push off, Donghyuck feels something brush against his ankle, the grip firm and pulling him backwards, which causes him to get a mouth full of saltwater.

"3.."

Donghyuck looks up, eyes sore from the salt, only to see Jaehyun standing above him.

He's got his well perfected 'parent' look adorning his features as he crosses his arms across his chest, "did you really think that you and Jaemin could get out of lunch by swimming away?"

Donghyuck drops his gaze and smiles sheepishly, "We thought it would be worth a try.."

Jaehyun chuckles, offering his hand to help Donghyuck onto his feet. Once up, the younger looks around for Jaemin, only to see his best friend cradled in Johnny's arms being carried back to the others.

"C'mon, lets go eat.."

~~~

"Okayy, pictures are up!" Taeyong cheers, lifting his glass high as they all settle into their seats, a picturesque view of the beach before them as they wait for their food, "Now we can really relax"

It's not like taking those photos were tiresome in any way, but Donghyuck relishes in the knowledge that they can just let themselves go a little bit more now, not having to worry about being picture perfect- at least until tomorrow when they land in another country for another schedule. Speaking of..

"Hyung, do you know where we're going next?" Donghyuck asks. They don't usually get much of a heads up from management when and where they're going but if anyone between them knows, it would be Taeyong.

"Hmm, we're off to Shanghai to promote a sports brand... I think SM have planned a meet up as well?"

Donghyuck almost beams- he loves fanmeets (almost as much as Jaemin), yes they're beyond tiring but it's what makes his job worth all the long hours and sleepless nights- seeing how he's inspiring people doing what he loves is reward enough.

But also, going to Shanghai means that they can meet up with WayV- another model branch of NCT but based in China. Since both units have been quite busy, they haven't had the chance to meet up in a while and Donghyuck misses them- especially Chenle, who along with himself and Jaemin made up the 'three musketeers', being three of the youngest members (and of course yangyang being the fourth musketeer, but last time they tried to tag themselves, both Kun and Taeyong had to step in to stop anyone actually getting injured).

"Given that, we should all try and rest up- we're only there for 24hrs so it's going to be very intense"

The group nods before a young waiter makes their way over to them, balancing a majority of their order on her arms.

There's seafood dishes, pasta, pizza, chips, everything that Donghyuck could dream of eating on the beach- minus the ice cream but Jaehyun promised to buy him some as a bribe to get him out of the water previously.

They all chorused a 'thank you' before digging in, gratefully consuming the meal before their manager could check over what they ordered.

As he munched on some pasta, Donghyuck's shoulders dropped and he leant against his wicker chair... he was in paradise.

------------------------------------------------------
Notes-
so now that we've kinda set each character up,, y'all ready for some interactions??