three

MARK

"C'mon man, we're going to be late!" Jeno hollers, leaning out of his car window so that he can flag Mark down at the end of his drive.

Mark ducks his head, trying to make himself as small as possible, embarrassed by his best friend, "Isn't it like... I don't know.. good.. to get there late?"

Jeno laughs as he leans over to open the door to Mark's side, "Usually yes, but Junnie just text me saying that he's there already and I have a feeling that if we leave him there alone much longer we possibly won't live to see tomorrow"

Mark hums, quickly sliding into the car and putting his seatbelt on as the thought of Renjun's wrath begins to form his head.

He can't even believe that Renjun is even showing up to tonight's party, especially after he'd sworn off the team's house parties after one pretty memorable one (or for Mark a completely blurry one) a couple of weeks ago whereby he drunkenly danced on top of Yewon's dining room table only to hit his head on her low swinging chandelier and fall into Jeno's arms- knocked out cold.

Mark bit his lip to try and stop himself from smiling, but given the look Jeno throws him it seems like he's already been caught.

"Right well.." Jeno starts the car before putting it in gear, "Lets go party..!"

~~~

Mark hadn't even been in Felix's house for more than five minutes before he'd already downed one drink and had been accosted by Renjun who was still whining to both him and Jeno about how long they took to arrive.

"I'm sorry, but Mark took forever getting ready" Jeno defended only to have Mark jab him in the ribs

"You came late to my house" He accused, but Renjun just rolled his eyes at their playful quarrelling.

Sighing Renjun grabbed his drink and took a swing, "I think there's games going on upstairs- you know like seven minutes, truth or dare.. all that"

Mark furrows his eyebrows as he looks at Renjun quizzically, "I didn't think that was necessarily our scene"

The shorter shrugs, placing his drink down, "Well it beats whatever beer pong game and awkward dancing is going on down here... plus I think I saw Mina upstairs"

Renjun winks in Mark's general direction, before turning his attention to Jeno who had already been stolen from them by his girlfriend, Sihyeon, and they were now heading to the kitchen, probably for some alcohol- as you can never endure a house party sober, especially Felix's.

Mark opts just to skirt around the edge of Felix's front room, offering the odd smile or wave to those who spot him- being the captain of the basketball team and a straight A student, Jeno calls Mark's social presence 'legendary'- everyone knows him, and being the friendly Canadian he is, Mark can't help but offer a smile or engage in conversation.

He supposes that's how him and Mina got so close. They were childhood friends, and spent a lot of time with each other since their parents worked together. It was clear that his parents liked Mina for him, they saw them as a good match, and as Mark is generally easy going and unconfrontational, he concludes that that's why one day they were just playmates and the next he was sat in a café across from her, picking at the whipped cream on the top of his drink and making polite conversation as if they were something more than just friends. She is a lovely girl- a cheerleader who also has an expressive academic record that could rival Mark's- but she was just a friend. Not that anyone really believed him when he told them that though.

Mark spots Changbin from across the room who gives him a little nod before gesturing upstairs, and Mark gives him a thumbs up. He didn't necessarily want to play truth or dare and he really didn't want to partake in seven minutes of heaven- but since he's here he might as well go upstairs and mingle with some of his more sober friends.