eighteen

HYUCK

"I knew you could do it!!" Donghyuck beams at the screen in front of him, "I'm so proud of you!"

Mark's laugh is muffled slightly due to that fact that he brings his hand up to his face, his sweater paws muffling the sound slightly, "Ah thanks Hyuck"

Donghyuck makes a note that Mark's a little embarrassed, fully aware that Donghyuck just screamed 'congradulations' in a café full of people, and smiles fondly to himself.

"Pleaseeeee tell me that you went out to celebrate afterwards" Donghyuck begs, knowing that Mark would've toyed with the idea of leaving straight after the game only to go home and crash- and also to start watching Sky Castle now that Donghyuck recommended it.

( "okay but after Sky Castle you absolutely have to watch Suspicious Partner!! Hyung, it's so good!"

Mark chuckles at the younger's enthusiasm and immediately promises to watch the show after he's finished the current one )

Mark laughs again, and this time it's louder, more free, "yeah, yeah after the game the guys and I went out for some victory pizza"

Donghyuck applauds Mark (both verbally and physically) for being so social and actually interacting with people instead of staying glued to his laptop, especially after last time they talked about it ('but hyuck, my laptop has all my music projects on it, I need to be with it' / 'markus there's a whole world out there that you need to experience, your laptop will still be there afterwards')

"Well I'm happy to hear that, and please tell me you got pineapple on your pizza"

Mark looks mildly uncomfortable for a minute, "pineapple... o-on pizza? Hyuck, are you okay?"

Donghyuck stares back incredulously, "Yes, I'm fine, and of course it's on pizza Markie"

Mark freezes for a second and Donghyuck's worried that their connection has dropped, "That's.. just not nice"

Donghyuck, now slightly offended, scoffs, "I guess only the best of us can enjoy it then"

"The best of us?" Mark repeats, amusement laced in his voice

"Hmm" Donghyuck hums, "Survival of the fittest, not my fault you haven't evolved enough to like it"

Mark can't stop himself from chuckling at Donghyuck's little quip which was shortly followed by a 'natural selection is coming for you'.

"Anyways, I thought you guys would stay out longer" Donghyuck comments curiously and a little smile plays across Mark's lips

"Some of the guys stayed out to drink--"

"And why didn't you, captain?"

Donghyuck watches in delight as Mark's face warms so that a beautiful red paints his cheeks, before he begins stumbling over his words