ten

HYUCK

Donghyuck scoffs as he looks at the Instagram feed on his phone.

He didn't mean to snoop- really- it's just that he was curious, curious as to how Mark's outing went- plus he was stuck in an airport with nothing to do. Therefore stalking through Mark's tagged posts on Instagram seemed like a solid idea, that was until a new post showed up.

 Therefore stalking through Mark's tagged posts on Instagram seemed like a solid idea, that was until a new post showed up

He scans the caption briefly, rolling his eyes at the generic paragraph about how she'd had a 'magical night' followed by a couple of heart emojis

Normally Donghyuck would've been all over that romantic bullshit but this time it was different. This time it hurt.

"Not a date?" He whispers to himself, something bitter to his words.

He can't work out whether Mark was just that oblivious or if he himself was just so incredibly naïve.

The hand holding, the intimate nature of some of the pictures, their laughing faces...

Donghyuck switches off his phone.

"Hey hyuck are you ready?" Taeyong asks, already picking up Donghyuck's suitcase.

The older had, surprisingly, been allowed to go with Donghyuck to England which they were both ecstatic about, but now Donghyuck wishes he was going alone.

Taeyong was great, he was like an older brother, but right now Donghyuck just wanted to wallow in self pity and jealousy.

Jaemin had warned him about his infatuation with the Canadian boy, saying that it would just lead to a broken heart..

But Donghyuck's heart wasn't broken, not yet. He tells himself that despite the weeks they've spent talking and joking around, the occasional subtle flirting as well, that he really doesn't know Mark that well.

No, that's right.

Yes, he knows that Mark lives in Canada with his family, he's an only child to wealthy parents who run their own company and his best friend is Jeno. He also knows that despite his coach pushing him to obtain a sports scholarship, Mark actually wants to pursue music and become a producer one day. Donghyuck also knows that Mark loves watermelon and cookies and cream ice cream (in that particular order) and that he's got a playlist full with artists like Coldplay and Chris Brown.