The Warlock Trio, Patrons, and a vampire

Author's note: So far it doesn't look like many people like this, but I'm still gonna work on this when I need a bit of a break from my normal stuff.  Also, this chapter does have the potential for angst.

Doc: Mephistopheles Tiefling Fiend Pact Warlock (Pact of the Blade).

Doc was on his way to Spellforge Wizarding School, a school with a lot of powerful magical items that teach students how to handle them correctly with this three pre wizard school besties, for the first time when the demon lord Yeenoghy attacked the school. Doc didn't even get the chance to get his spellbook before the school was destroyed in a Battle of Hogwarts style fight, and he still beat himself up over his friends going MIA, presumed dead. Lucky for him one of Zarial's imps showed up offering him a pact with Zarial stating that he'd become one of her warlocks in exchange for him being recruited into the Blood War when he dies, which he accepted due to the whole enemy of my enemy thing. Unfortunately for him, Zarial spends too much time fighting demons and not enough time checking on her warlocks, so the other Arch Devils have to pick up her slack. Doc got stuck with Mephistopheles, the literal second in command of Hell. When it came time to choose his pact boon, he decided he wanted a big old ax that he could summon from hammerspace.

Mephistopheles be damned if Doc just turns into a belligerent idiot, even if Mephistopheles is technically not his patron. He often teaches Doc about his spells and some cool battle tactics, and he and Zarial are proud when does something clever and creative with them.

Before he became a warlock, Doc planned on being an Evocation Wizard.

Mumbo: Human Great Old One Warlock (Pact of the Tome).

Like Doc, Mumbo was supposed to go to wizard school, but unlike Doc's school, he had to get his own spellbook. While shopping he found this blue-grey book with a lot of tentacles. Mumbo thinks that book is awesome and decides to buy it. Fast forward to the first week of wizard school when only two spells out of the 16 he had written for his classes show up in the book, and he finds a strange pic of himself casting a strange beam spell that did a lot of damage, but had the potential to miss. He showed his teacher the book and the strange beam spell, and when he did the teacher immediately dragged him off to the headmaster, who immediately examined the book and started questioning Mumbo. They eventually found out he was a warlock and expelled him on those grounds. (Didn't say his school was the best wizard school.) While expelled, he tried writing in the book to ask why his patron chose him, and what he has to do. All he got were pictures of every kind of aberration, so he figured he'll have to ask every aberration if they're his patron.

Before becoming a warlock, Mumbo planned on being a transmutation wizard.

Mumbo met False back in his wizard prep school. She was a bit surprised to see him when they joined the Hermit Guild, not only because he was a warlock instead of a wizard like he planned, but back in school he was shorter than her, but now he's this 6'5 muscular dude.

Cub: Human Arch Fae Warlock (Pact of the Chain, Brown Bear Familiar).

Cub just up and ran away to join the fae one day. He left no note. He just packed up and joined a fae charlton ring lead by Vexatious Blue Ochet, Fae Kind of Trickery. One day, after three faithful years of service to Vexatious, he granted Cub a familiar, and Cub summoned a bear named Lucy. Cub was always a good con man, once even managing to swindle the vampire lord Clause Van Hellsing out of 50 night mares. The vampire lord swore vengeance on Cub, and now he has to sleep with one eye open. Of course Vexatious made that easier for Cub by "cursing" him with the Aspect of the Moon evocation, which Cub can't get rid of.

On most days, it seems like Cub has more bravado than sense. His plans take a bit more precedence than his safety.

Lucy and Jellie have a bit of a rivalry going on. It's more like Lucy dislikes Scar, and Jellie dislikes Jellie, and they both get into arguments about it.

After dealing with Scar constantly charming him into buying cake, Vexatious taught Cub how to throw charms back onto the charmer. Now Scar can't charm him to get free cakes without Cub turning it around and getting something from him in return. 

The Patrons

Doc's and Cub's patrons show up often.  Even Zarial will take time off of being Doom Guy to visit Doc.  Mumbo's patron is MIA, and few know who it is.

Doc also learned that when he dies, he does have the option to become a kind of devil with all the warlock levels he has.  I would be lying if I said he wasn't considering it.

Vexatious often calls Cub a Magnificant Bastard.  Usually, depending on the tone of his voice and the situation, it's either a compliment or an insult.  

Mumbo's parton only showed up once, no one but the gods and the other patrons remembers it, and any time Cub or Doc ask about it, they change the topic.

Clause Van Hellsing

Yeah, the vampire Cub swindled is getting his own section.  He's a reoccurring villain in this monster of the week kind of a mess.

Dude's a flashy dramatic vampire with lots of style and likes a dark gothic aesthetic.  He managed to buy 50 night mares for his stables and had them for a while till Cub swindled him out of all of them and sold them back to Doc's patrons.  Clause does not take insults well, and boy was that a big insult.  He swore vengeance on Cub in broad daylight before storming off to plot it.

Clause has to turn a large number of adventures into vampire spawn to make up of the droves of vampires adventures kill to try and kill him.  He'll take anyone, but he loves turning Oath of the Ancients Paladins, Oath of Devotion Paladins, Oath of Redemption Paladins, Grave, Life, Light, Nature, and Protection Clerics, Celestial Warlocks, and any and all rangers and druids.  It always felt like an extra bit of vengeance if he could sink his teeth into their necks and turn them over to the dark side.