Chapter 13

Last time:
John and Seraphina make their way to the rooftop.

Story:
Narrator's POV
On the entire way to the rooftop there was nothing but awkward silence since they both haven't figured out how to interact with each other.

The short walk felt like an hour to them until they finally reached the rooftop. They walked to the edge and John sat down leaning on the steel fence.

John pat the spot to his left indicating Seraphina to sit down as well. Seraphina blushed a bit but sat down anyway since they used to do that kind of stuff all the time.

John also seemed to be a little uncomfortable because of just how awkward it had been. They both sat there for a little while with John completely forgetting to eat his lunch.

They both knew they couldn't stay so awkward forever and needed to say something. Seraphina wanted to say something but just didn't know what to say in that situation. While John tried to think of something to say.

John thought for a bit and then finally remembered his lunch. He glanced over at Seraphina who wasn't looking at him, so she didn't notice. She forgot her lunch! John realized.

This is my chance
"Um Sera, did you forget your lunch?"
Seraphina looked around her for a sec and realized she was originally going to go to the cafeteria to get food.

"Uh, yeah. I was going to get food at the cafeteria"
"Then do you want to share mine?"
John felt a little awkward and slightly stupid but it was the best thing he could come up with at the moment.

"Sure"
John smiled happily while getting his lunchbox. In there was a box of juice, a sandwich but most important of all. A chocolate cake he got from the supermarket.

Upon seeing this Seraphina instinctively yelled "I want the cake!" They both looked at each other .... and laughed. John got his act together and replied"You sure love cake don't you?" Sera blushed a bit."Yeah, I guess..."

John passed the cake to Seraphina."Here you go, I got some more at home anyway."
"Thx, John". She grabbed it and started munching down on it like there was no tomorrow. "Itsh gud"
"Sera, you shouldn't talk while eating."
"Sowwy" (she swallowed after saying that)
"What did I just say?"
"Yeah, Yeah. Sorry" Seraphina replies while chuckling a bit.

John smiled."It's been a while since we had this much fun eating"
"Yeah, it Sure has"

Seraphina thought about the night before and wanted to figure out what they were going to do after this. A long pause happened between them until Seraphina finally said something.

"John, do you plan to go out with me? Like not as friends but.........you know..... a couple."

Btw. Sorry for the bit shorter chapter.