i

"hey dingus, curly you're children are here," robin said
"seriously," steve started "not again," i said rolling my eyes not caring much about the matter, Steve on the other hand... not so much "come on, come on," he herded the children out of the shop like sheep, he then started his usual talk about if they tell anyone they're dead.

robin and i scooped ice cream, steve stood there doing nothing (as per usual) when the lights turned off, we all look at each other confused, then steve starts obnoxiously flipping the switch "that isn't gonna work dingus," robin told him "you're probably just gonna blow a fuse," i said giving the girl i was serving her ice cream "oh really?" steve asked cockily. after a minute or so the lights turned back on "let there be light!" he said flipping the switch one final time.

"god i hate this, my legs are aching," i complained while scooping myself an ice cream "curly aren't u gonna pay for that, i mean it's not company policy," robin said smirking "well you know what screw company policy," i said winking as i grabbed my chocolate brownie ice cream with sprinkles in a cone taking it to the back room "harrington it's your time to you know ... actually work, instead of sitting back here being depressed about you're child friends having fun without you," i told him pushing him out the only seat in the small room "fine but only 'cause im looking for a lady," he told me playing with his hair  "oh they'll all be swooning for dad of five steve 'the hair' harrington," i said sarcastically "oh very funny," he replied as he threw  his sailor hat back on and headed out to the lions den.

i was brought back to reality by robin who grabbed her 'steve harrinton research board' as she said to steve "another one bights the dust, you are o for six down Popeye,"
"yeah, yeah i can count," he said defensively "you know that means you suck right?" she asked, i couldn't help but to admire her beautiful features her adorable freckles, blue ocean eyes, wavy hair in a bob and who she effortlessly pulled off the dumbass uniform they had to wear and her red,plump, kissable lips-
god what's wrong with me i shouldn't be thinking this way about a girl.

my train of thought was cut off by steve "yep i can read," he replied defeated "since when?" she asks making my snort "it's the stupid hat i am telling you really blows my best feature," he told us "yeah company policy is a real drag, isn't it belle?" she asked me as i was licking the sprinkles off my company payed for ice cream , i just hummed in a agreement.
robin then asked him why he doesn't tell girls the truth and he comes up with a long 'sob' story about what the truth was.

i was too engorged in my ice cream to hear exactly what they were saying but it sounded like Steve making excuses which i didn't need to hear anymore of "hey twelve o'clock," robin said pointing at some girls that just walked in "aw shit, shit im going in and you know what im gonna take a lead from belle screw company policy," he said as he threw his hat near my direction "you're a changed man!" robin said sarcastically "go get 'em champ!" i said cheering him on.

"ahoy ladies, didn't see you there, how would you like to set sail on this ocean of flavour with me, ill be your captain, im Steve harrington, can i get you guys a little taste of the cherry jubilee, no anybody, banana boat, anybody?" he asked, his confidence decreasing as he went on "ill do it, im closer anyways," i told robin as she passed the pen to me, i drew another tally on the 'you suck' side "god he's a mess," i said as i laughed at my best friend getting completely and utterly rejected.

"im heading off," i said as i grabbed my skateboard when we had locked up scoops completely "me too, I'll walk you home, we live like a block a part," robin offered, even though robin and I had lived in a very close proximity our whole lives, I didn't know she existed until two weeks ago when I started this job, i guess it was because I was the grade below and let's just say we weren't in the same crowd.
"um yeah let's go," i said to her holding my skateboard underneath my arm, it would've been much easier and quicker to skate but I really enjoyed robins presence, so i was fine with walking "how's it?" she asked as we walked out of starcourt, "good my brothers back from camp today so the house is gonna be a lot louder," i chuckled thinking about him, even though I would never admit it i liked dustin and his stupid jokes
"isn't Steve like obsessed with your brother?" she asked "how'd you know?"
"he's asked 'whens dustin coming home from camp?' everyday for the past nine days, it's driving me insane!" she replied to my question, "yeah, they're weirdly close for a nineteen year old and a freshman but whatever floats his boat I guess," i said as i laughed thinking about steve and dustins friendship "well this is my place, see you tomorrow," i told her smiling as we stood there "unless i dramatically keel over and die, of course," she said sarcastically "what a travesty that would be," i told her dramatically making a shocked facial expressions which caused her to laugh "god youre an idiot henderson!" she said smiling "but you love me," i say winking "touche," she winked back.

im obsessed with robin
we stan a gay queen 💕💞💓💗💖💘💝