xii

i looked over at steve and dustin who were sharing a look, i pulled them back hoping they got the message to let the other two walk by.

"at the very best we're a toilet stop on you're way to disney," robin exclaimed.

after they were out of earshot dustin asked

"do you think the russians know?"

"obviously they do," i replied quickly

"like robin said why choose hawkins? unless they had a reason..."

"so it's connected?" steve asked.

"maybe," dustin replied

"how would they know though?" i questioned confused.

"i don't know but it's..." dustin started

"possible." we all said at the same time.

"is there something you three would like to share with the class?" robin asked sarcastically as her and erica were staring back at us.

we all shared a look and gave a shake of the head before we started walking but before we could say anything, the code started playing.

"the walkie!" we all said together.

robin pulled it out erica's bag and listened,repeating the code along with it "it's the code," she said

"and where ever it's coming from,"dustin said

"it's close!" robin finished his sentence.

after what felt like hours we reached the end of the tunnel, to what could only be described as a junction .

"come on, clear, let's go" steve said leading us down a hallway.

"that was close," robin stated.

"too close," i agreed

"relax," steve said trying to clam us down "alright relax nobody saw..."

we turned the corner to see a busy hub of commies walking about, some in lab coats others in full army gear others in what could only be called space suits.

"holy shit balls," i whispered taking robin and erica's hands to take us behind a cabinet so we weren't seen and killed by these russians with massive guns.

"red dawn!" dustin said shocked

"i saw it! first floor north west!" erica told us.

"saw what?"steve asked confused

"the comms room!" she exclaimed in a whispered voice.

"you saw the comms room!" he said.

"correct!" she replied

"and you are sure?" dustin double checked.

"positive. the door was open for a second and i saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there." she informed us.