{the jig is up.. kindof}

The Stafford Hotel was brimming with guests going to and fro with smiles on their faces and cold drinks in their hands - it is summertime after all. A grandfather clock on a nearby wall chimed twelve times announcing that it was noon already. Meredith paced back and forth in front of two elevators looking for someone. She frowned and went back to where her mother, also waiting, stood.

Vicky Blake looked like the epitome of all motherly mothers. She wasn't dressed as chic as her daughter and she became fussy when Meredith came over to her with a pouty face. Her daughter brushed her hands away and told her that he wasn't here yet. That put a sock to the motherly persona. Vicky scowled and told her daughter she didn't like standing up so long.

"He'll be here any moment mother...remember, he's all you've always wanted for your little girl." Meredith whispered into her mother's ear.

"He's going to provide you with a check containing six figures a month," her daughter whispered and Vicky suddenly softened up.

"Now you know, I'll be nice," she smirked, her dark eyes twinkling as if with dollar signs. Meredith laughed and playfully tapped her mother's arm when she caught sight of Jai walking towards them. Her fiancé chose to look completely dashing, at her bequest, and approached the two women wearing a striped Giorgio Armani suit.

"Ok, there he is," she said and straightened her new seaweed green Prada dress. The color didn't suit her and that was the first thing Jai noticed when he approached her with his family, namely Avia, Miley, Luke and Sammy, following behind him.

"With the whole motley crew." Meredith muttered under her breath and tried to maintain the smile that was rapidly falling from her face.

"Hi darling!" she exclaimed sweetly and held hands with Jai and smacked his lips, "Emmi, Miley, Luke... and Sammy!" she greeted the three other people and dog, "What in the world are you doing here?" she asked the dog then leaned close to Jai, "Honey, a dog at the Stafford?" she muttered.

"Emmi begged me to bring him." Jai explained with a grin and a shrug of his shoulders.

"Aww... you're such a softie." Meredith cooed and bent down to pat the dog's head. Sammy growled and tried to bite Meredith's hand making her jump back and yelp in surprise.

"Good doggy." Miley said sotto to the dog, causing Luke to snort in laughter and patted its head, "So, Meredith, these the folks?" She faked a big sweet smile.

"Yes! Mom...you all finally meet! This is Jai Brooks." Meredith gushed linking her arm through her fiancé's. Vicky politely shook the hand Jai held out for her.

"Pleasure." she said with a smile.

"This is his adorable daughter, Emmi. The entire gathering was her idea, I'll have you know." Meredith gushed proudly much to the disgust of Avia - could she be any more fake? Vicky leaned closer to the girl with a wide toad-like grin.

"Hello pet!" Vicky greeted Avia with the most fake smile the ten year old had ever seen. "You can call me aunt Vicky." Avia gave her a weird look and just raised her eyebrows at the two women and pulled a face.

xmeanwhilex

A black town car pulled up in front of the Stafford hotel. Zac came out of the passenger seat and straightened his dark grey sweater. After that, he opened the door of the backseat and held out his hand. Instead of his sister's dainty hand, he received her foot, her ankle to be exact, and he looked up in surprise.

"Other end, Ari," he said and Ariana giggled madly as she retracted her foot and replaced it with her hand.

"Whoops!" she exclaimed and went unsteadily out of the car. Emmi came out after her and watch her down a small bottle of vodka. Ariana took the liberty of gathering the flight liquor she ordered and downing bottle after bottle during the ride to Stafford. After draining her last bottle, she carelessly flung it behind her. Luckily it was caught by Frankie who came out of the car after his niece and clutched the empty bottle.