{goodbye?}

So there's one more chapter left after this one..😭 enjoy this chapter.

JxA

It was raining. The ranch house looked desolate under the torment of the nimbus clouds and it gave a cold atmosphere, not just literally. At the front door, eight people stood looking at the taxi that was to take half of them away.

Jai was hugging Avia tightly and she looked up at him with hopeful eyes trying to convey the message that she didn't want to go. They both looked around to see Ariana and Emmi hugging tightly. Ariana caressed her daughter's face and smiled at her. Emmi walked towards her sister and they hugged tightly. After that, she got an umbrella and accompanied her to the taxi with an arm around her shoulder.

"Take care of yourself." Jai whispered to Ariana, stroking her arm.

"Yeah, I will, you too," she nodded and tried not looking at him directly. He leaned in and gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek.

"Bye," she said and took another umbrella. Jai watched her go feeling helpless that he wasn't able to stop her, again. He looked at Miley and Zac who kissed deeply before parting.

"I'm going to miss you. I love you so much." Miley whispered against his lips, clutching his shirt.

"Me more.." He mumbled and kissed her one more time before getting in the car.

Finally the taxi pulled away and Jai, Miley, Luke and Emmi stood staring at it forlornly.

JxA

Five minutes after her mother, sister, and uncles left, Emmi was laying on her bed, hugging Cuppy tightly and not bothering to wipe away the tears that were spilling down her cheeks.

Miley came in slowly, her own face a little puffy from crying and sat on the edge of her bed, "Honey, do you want to talk?" She asked softly, her voice a little hoarse.

Emmi shook her head. She knew that once, not long ago, talking to Miley about her problems would have been good enough for her. After all, for most of her life, Miley was the closest thing she had to a mother. But now, everything was different. Now Emmi knew that she had a real mother - her very own warm, wonderful, caring mother. After years of dreaming, wondering and imagining what her mother would be like, she actually met her face to face. Spoken to her. Thrown her arms around her like she would never let go. How could she possibly go back to life without her?

The life she'd had for so long seemed empty to her now. She hadn't been living with Jai, Miley, Luke and Sammy. She'd been living without Ariana, Avia, Joan, Zac and Frankie. It was enough to make her wish she had never gone to camp, never found Avia, and never even met her mother. Because if those things had never happened, she wouldn't be hurting so much right now. Emmi sniffed and let out a hiccuping sob. A few more tears slid down and dropped onto her pillowcase. It's all my fault, she thought to herself bitterly, because it was all my idea. She remembered that night at camp when she sat up straight in bed, flushed with excitement at the thought of switching places with Avia. My brilliant beyond brilliant idea.

JxA

Ten minutes after his ex-wife and daughter pulled out of the driveway, Jai was rummaging around in his wine cellar. He had no idea what he was doing or why he was doing it as he yanked bottles off shelves, read their labels in the dim light, and shove them back in a different order. He just knew he had to stay busy, that he'd do anything to avoid thinking about what just happened. After years of missing Ariana, years of not knowing Avia, he came that close to getting them back - only to lose them. Again. Jai was so preoccupied that he didn't notice Emmi coming down the stairs.