{the long awaited chance}

Avia and Emmi were holed up in the latter's room, on the latter's bed, playing a mean game of poker when Jai came up. He checked himself in the mirror, making sure that he didn't look bad in his black polo and pants.

"Okay, I'll take two.." Avia said to her sister, then looking up when she saw her dad in the doorway. "Hey dad, wow.. you look nice." she said teasingly.

"Where are you going?" Emmi asked excitedly but her father just grabbed the doorknob and was all smiley faced.
"Good night, ladies," he said in a singsong voice before pulling the door close. Avia and Emmi glanced at each other, thrilled. They put down their cards (face down) and crossed their fingers and tightly shut their eyes, both silently praying for the same thing. Their parents getting back together.

JxA

"Oh wow!"

"This is where I keep my private stash. Did you know I also collect wine?"

"Oh really now?"

"I'm a man of limited interests. Follow me..."

Ariana giggled but nevertheless followed Jai through the cavernous place looking around in awe at all the bottles lined up on the shelves. The place was stone-walled and lit by iron chandelier candleholders with real candles. It seems that there was no electricity in the place and felt very medieval. Jai led her to one of the shelves and took out a bottle holding it out in front of her.

"This... is a 1921 Burgundy." Jai explained dramatically tapping the bottle proudly, "They say the rain that year made this the best Burgundy ever harvested."

Ariana looked at the bottle appreciatively and she smiled. Jai was really at home with his wines, she recalled, during their time together.

JxA

Back upstairs, Emmi and Avia were no longer playing cards, but were laying on their backs looking at the ceiling, both quiet, with the exception of Sammy's panting next to them. "Ave?" Emmi said softly, not bothering to turn and look at her sister.

"Yeah?" Avia replied, just as softly, shifting not on the bed slightly but not facing her twin.

"What if..," Emmi took a deep breath as she closed her eyes, getting ready for the tears that she knew were bound to spill if she opened them. "What if they don't get back together? What if you go back to New York?"

Avia bolted up and turned her body, allowing her to lol down at Emmi, whose eyes were still closed, yet some tears had managed to escape. "Why would you say that? You're the one who was sure this plan was full-proof!"

Emmi opened her eyes and sat up, facing her sister. She tucked some hair behind her ear and wiped her tears. "I know..but mom can be really stubborn..and well..she might be too caught up to realize that dad loves her more then anything in the world.." she whispered, looking into Avia's brown eyes.

Avia's eyes welled up with tears, realizing her twin was right. But before they could have the chance to fall, she embraced her sister in a tight hug. "I know..but if that happens, we'll still be sisters, and we can visit each other all the time. And we still have camp.." She whispered, not letting Emmi go.

JxA

"Now you will appreciate this." Jai said and asked her to follow him to an old cabinet. He opened it and Ariana saw five dusty bottles on the 7-rack display. Two bottles were at the very end while the other three were arranged in the middle with one empty rack space at either side. Jai picked up a dusty bottle on the right of the middle and biggest bottle of the group. It had a pink label which read: Fiji Day 1945.