Chapter 58

Abel

It's been two weeks now and the entire media rage over Lani fighting in the club and all has died down. The situation is still ongoing due to Tiffany taking her case to court claiming Lani should be sued for assault and potentially arrested again.

Since then, Lani has been a bit more like herself but not fully and I can tell. She's been a little distant with everyone, including me. She'll get like her usual
joyous self for a minute, but it doesn't last long. I've been giving her some space to unwind on her own, but now I'm worried about her.

For example, today Lani has been on her MacBook for hours locked away in our room so far. I can't keep watching her be like this. I know she said she's going to need time to feel better, but as her husband I'm noticing she isn't trying to.

"Let's go check on mommy princess." I coo, picking up Tylie. "We've been watching Peppa pig long enough."

Toting her in my arms, I head to my bedroom. I open the cracked door to see her sitting with her legs folded, focusing on her laptop still. She rakes her hands stressful through her hair before realizing I've entered the room.

Tylie claps and gurgles in baby talk leaning outwards wanting to go to her mother. Lani looks up showing her beautiful smile extending her arms.

"Hey Ty-Ty," she beams. "There's mommy's little diva."

Tylie smiles giving her mother a big open mouthed kiss on her cheek. We both laugh at how happy she was to kiss her. My girls are beautiful. It makes me happy to know they're happy. That's why I need to check on Lani mental and emotional state.

"Hey babe, you need something?" Lani directs her attention to me.

I shake my head. "Nah, I just wanted to check on you. That's all."

She gives me small smile. "I'm fine Abel."

I raise my brow in a questioning manners making her sigh aloud. She knows I'm not buying it.

"You've caught me, I'm stressed out." She surrenders.

I join her and Tylie on the bed to be closer to her. Lani sighs again while fooling around with the curls on our daughter's head.

"I've been thinking about court so much. I'm going to court twice now! Over something that a bitch had coming and about something that makes me cringe to even talk about now." She vents speaking about the incidents with her old bestfriend Tray.

"What if I lose both cases? I'm either going to jail, my career would flop, I wouldn't be around the people I love, or worse I'd have to live everyday knowing that a crazy stalker can find me again and potentially harm me." Lani facepalms herself.

I remove her hand from her face. "You're overthinking everything again."

"Sitting here locked away in this room everyday isn't going to help you feel better. You have a great team of lawyers and anyone with sense would know that you've done nothing wrong. Your career is safe, you're safe, and you have nothing to worry about." I assure making a small smile form on Lani's lips.

Bringing her hand up to my face, she caresses my jawline soothingly. "You're my safe haven."

"That's sweet baby, I thought I was just your fiancé with good dick." I playfully hold making her laugh out loud.

Lani leans over pecking my lips. Tylie smiles and laughs at our display of affection. We kiss her too on each side of her chubby cheeks and she playfully falls over on our plush bed.

"She gets her silliness from you." Lani laughs.

I agree and snap my fingers remembering something important. Lani stares at me for randomly startling her.