Crimson Markings

Dream Point Of View

I woke up in a place that I immediately recognized. It was my childhood home.

 I had no clue why I was here, but I decided to enjoy myself. Standing up, I strolled the halls of my home, observing my past and remembering very peaceful and happy moments. 

  As I walke back towards the front door, it flew forward, making me jump back in shock. When I look up, Damien is leaning against the doorway, a slight smirk on his face. I slowly started to move backwards, getting ready to book it and hide, but I'm pretty sure Damien knew of my plans.

"Did you already forget we could read minds." He said as his smile grew bigger. I only whimpered in response. To be honest, I was scared for my life. After my desperate attempt to escape Damien while in my home, I had no idea what to expect when I awoke. He must have known I was absolutely terrified because he stepped closer, his grin growing wider with each step he took. I didn't move, knowing that there could be consequences. Before he said anything, a flash of white light blinded my vision, I guess I'm waking up.

Normal Point Of View

I awoke tied to a chair. What a cliche move, featured in way too many movies.

The room I was in was completely black, no source of light was present nor the accompaniment of furniture. Whilst observing the room, I suddenly felt the room become very frigid. An icy feeling shot through my body as a figure emerged from the shadows. I recognized him immediately because of his bright red eyes.

"What do you want from me?!? I snapped at him.

"To get to the point, we want you to become a malicious, ruthless, merciless, and cold-blooded murderer."

"No thank you, I would like to stay sane and return to my home." I sarcastically exclaimed.

"That is not an option for you."

"Oh look, the gang's all here."

"You were just fearing for your life and now you are mocking us?" 

"That is, in fact what I am currently doing. I don't know, maybe it was a change

 of fate." I reply.

"Since you are just so confident, why don't we just get started now." Damien and Jack both laughed as they walked towards a cart full of tools.

    'What have I done? I am so stupid! Why did I act sarcastic when I was in this situation?'

The pair each chose a small blade for themselves.

"Alright, this will definitely hurt. We are going to do something called marking. What it does is it helps us keep track of where you are and has plenty of other neat functions." Damien explained.

Unable to avoid this situation, I mentally prepared myself for immense pain.

 Jack first started to carve the letter J into the top of my forearm. My only outlet was to scream. The pain was agonizing, and it felt like hours before he was finished. Blood slowly trickled down my arm and onto the floor. Next was Damien. On my other arm he started to carve the letter D. Once again I let out another piercing scream to distract myself from the pain. This process felt extremely slow, and it seemed that Damien enjoyed it. Finally, the pain slowed down. I felt an intense sting on both of my arms, and the now familiar color of crimson ran down my arms. My wounds were left uncovered as Jack and Damien silently walked out of the room. My throat was sore from screaming and I felt a wave of exhaustion wash over me. I let darkness overcome me and I passed out.