The Deal

I awoke to a to the horrific sound of metal being scraped across concrete. The noise sent chills throughout my body as I cringed. Neon green and dark red eyes glowed in the dark. 'Oh great, here we go again.' I thought. This time there was a small light above me, so I could see the pair step out into the light.

  The silence didn't last long as Damien said,"If you want to leave this room, then you have to listen to everything we say. If not you will end up right back in this exact chair."

"What's with the change of fate? Not that it's a bad thing. Also, what is the twist to this agreement?"

"Nothing in particular, we just get something that we both want. You get limited freedom and we can start the process of our plan."

I thought,'What do I have to lose.'

"Fine. Just let me out of this chair." I say as I try to move my bounded wrists.

"If you try anything to escape or hurt us, we won't give you a second chance to redeem yourself." Jack frees my wrists and I stand up. 

 The pair walk out of the room and I follow slightly behind them. A flight of steps led us to the main floor of the building. As I climbed the steps, I saw that the rest of the house looked decent sized. I carefully observed the house, and it seemed to be pretty simplistic. There were four bedrooms and only the simple necessities like a couch and such. One of the rooms was painted blue, my favorite color. It also had the average set up for a bedroom. The other doors to the rooms were closed so I assumed that this room was my own.

  'It seems that they have planned for my arrival a long time ago,' I thought. I didn't let that idea bother me though, maybe I would learn what was going on. 

  With Jack and Damien nowhere to be seen, I decided to take a shower and to treat my wounds. A steamy shower washed away dried blood and temporarily dissipated my worries. After showering, I checked the status of my injuries. There was nothing worse than a few bruises and cuts other than the two letters carved into my arms. I cleaned the edges of the gashes and wrapped gauze around the letters to keep them protected from further harm. 

  While changing into clean clothes, I heard the front door open. Out of fear, I closed my door. I laid on my bed and pulled the covers over me, pretending to be asleep. Someone reaches my bedroom and I can hear the door slowly open. One of the pair steps inside, and then walks back out again, softly shutting the door. I wondered,"I guess they were just seeing where I was. At least they didn't "wake" me up." After what felt like an hour or so, I decided to cautiously walk towards the kitchen. While searching through the kitchen cabinets, I grabbed a box of cereal. I ate to my heart's content

I heard someone walking down the steps from upstairs. Jack turned toward the living room, completely ignoring me, and sat down. He turned on the television and watched it intently. I thought,'This is okay, at least he wasn't hurting me." 

Jack turns toward me and says, "Well, the only reason I am leaving you alone is so that we have to deal with less resistance later."

"What are you talking about? Resistance? Resistance to what?"

"You'll see soon enough. Damien should be back soon, so go do stuff until then." He turns back towards the television and focuses on it.

  I sigh and then wander the house some more. My eye caught a shelf of books in the downstairs hallway. The titles of books I had never heard of line the shelves. Realizing how bored I was, I grabbed a few books and then walked back up to my room. It was 6:49 p.m., so I decided to read until I became tired. One of the books was called, Parasite and it was by Mira Grant. For a few hours I read the book, I find science fiction books to be very interesting.

All of a sudden I wake up, and look over at the clock seeing that it says 8:20 a.m.. I thought,'Wow, I never fell asleep while reading before.' Downstairs, I hear the slam of a door and I cautiously investigate.

  Damien closes the door to the basement and then loudly sighs. When I take a closer look at him, I see that his clothes have blood splattered across them. Jack then appears behind me saying,"Somebody is finally awake!"

   Damien must have heard us because he spun his head right in our direction. I quickly scamper away from Jack and towards the living room.

"We would like to start our so called process today, so follow me." I had no reason to not follow him, so I slowly walked behind him and into the basement.

   The same tray of tools was placed in the corner of the room. A small whimper of fear escaped my lips and Jack said,"Don't worry, this isn't for you."

   As he said this, a light turned on. A girl about my age was tied to the same exact chair I was in. She was unconscious and already had cuts and bruises on her.

"Wake up Emily." Darks voice resonated through the room. Her head shot up. As her eyes locked with mine she tried to get away from me.
  A burning sensation shot through my body, and as soon as it was over, I couldn't move. I had no control over what I was doing, particularly to that innocent girl. For what seemed like hours, the pair tortured her physically and mentally. Even I was included, but it wasn't my choice. Eventually, the sweet relief of death came to Emily, and she didn't have to suffer anymore.