Message Received

At the apartment, both Sonics are speedily dry walling and painting the place when Boom's communicator beeps.

"Huh, that's weird, I have a message." Boom reads, "Sonic, come join us on the ARK so we can stop Eggman. Um, I think this is for you. Must have come to me cause I'm the you wearing a communicator. Says it's from Tails. I'm gonna ask him how to get to the ARK."

Modern zooms to him.

"Last time I saw Tails we kinda got in a fight but... I miss him already. Ya know, we can hijack one of Eggman's rockets. He sends them back and forth, on the hour, from the center of Station Square."

Shadow zooms to them from the kitchen, hands each one a chili dog and says...

"It's probably a trap."

Both Sonics forget about the message and joyfully scarf their chili dogs.

"Boy, you weren't kidding!" Modern exclaims, "This is delicious! Thanks, Shadow!"

Modern and Boom finish eating, smile contently and space out in euphoria... until another beep from Boom's communicator snaps them out of their chili dog high. Shadow pouts, wanting still to protect especially Boom Sonic from a potentially dangerous situation. Hoping to deglamorize the idea of taking on Eggman, he pulls a Debbie Downer.

"Bet you another chili dog Tails is working for Eggman."

Boom reads.

"I'm here with Knuckles and Amy, guarding Eggman's communication hub at the ARK's core."

"Told you so!" Shadow says, nearly triumphantly.

Boom Sonic thinks for a second.

"Hmm. It sounds more like Tails is planning an attack on Eggman actually. Way to go, Buddy! Lemme ask him something to make sure it's really him though. If you're really Tails then tell me what I got Amy for her birthday last year. Sent."

Modern reminds him, "He may not know since he's not from your world. I never get Amy anything for her birthday."

A bit desperately, Shadow suggests, "We should go for a race. It smells like paint and chili in here, which is like saying it smells like farts."

Boom's communicator beeps again.

He reads, "You never get Amy anything for her birthday."

"Race you to the space station!" Modern taunts, then zooms out the door.

Boom follows, calling out to Shadow.

"Last one there is a rotten egg face!"

Shadow apprehensively zooms behind them, regretting his suggestion to race.