1. New...hobbies

Now

It has been 2 years since that fateful night.

A lot has changed since then.

Maybe not that much. But it sure as hell feels like it..sometimes.

They've moved on. They've all moved on.

It's okay. Fair even. So, I'm not mad.

But I don't think I'm at that stage or that I ever will be.

School's been a bust. So is my social life. Not that it matters now anyways.

The family fortune dwindles by the day and with Queen Consolidated in ruins, the situation wasn't getting any better.

I manage my club - Verdant - to earn some profit.

But a non-existent love life and a greater goal in mind gave me plenty of free time to pursue other things.

Rightly so, I've developed a brand new...hobby.

And a tendency to find myself running or hiding on rooftops.

The guy practically ran to be out of my reach. That's what happens when you decide to become Sam Fisher and basically sniper your way through the whole thing.

And as I realized today, arrows aren't really that..stealth-y. Certainly not from this distance.

The guy in question was an everyday goon to his notorious boss, a Vincent Miller. He runs the drugs operations he took over from the Vertigo guy last year.

Is also suspected for human trafficking and selling young girls to the highest bidder at private auctions he conducts in broad daylight with police protection, no less.

Asshole.

Took me 2 whole months and a plethora of back alley fights, just to find him.

Something tells me though that it would be all worth it in the end.

For now, I was standing on the adjacent building's rooftop where I took cover behind a relatively old-looking generator.

The tri-rotor that I sent 10 feet above Vincent's building half an hour ago showed me 8 heat signatures, including Vincent's.

Three in the corner office. Two on the balcony. Two in the back. And that one asshole probably running to the main office, who should have alerted almost everyone en route by now.

It was play time. Enough stealth.

The rotor was run by the software in my watch..hmm. I don't remember the tech-y name for it.

She never told me, after all. Whoever she was.

Anyway, I moved it below to their levels to make enough noise to get the two on the balcony, who were looking for me, distracted.

The moment they did was the moment they died..as I used the scope in the front, to land two arrows straight down into their foreheads as I shot another one mid-air to the second building, sliding across the long rope and leaping onto the said balcony.

With the alarm sounds now audible, I opened my bag, which was hung around my waist, and took out the mask to protect me.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

As I entered, the guys began their usual shooting and I took cover but not before shooting out the lights when the opportunity came.

Idiot guys with even more idiotic shooting patterns.